Dumped (24)

PICTURE OF WILLOW ---------------------------------->>>>>

24

“A musical”, I said, fingering my DVD collection.

“Definitely not!” Jeremy replied, with a frown.

We were in my apartment once again, trying to decide what to watch. He’d arrived earlier on at noon; and blissful would be a huge understatement to describe how I’d felt opening up the door, and seeing him there, leaning against the wall. I’d been more prepared today, in a tank dress, and I’d actually washed my hair, and tied it into a proper ponytail. I hoped to erase all memories of my previous day appearance, clean from his mind.

We’d been trying to decide on a movie for nearly a half hour, and couldn’t seem to find one that suited both our tastes. We were standing by my large shelves of nearly, every single great movie ever made – I’ve always been a huge movie freak – organized according to actors, genres and titles. He was leaning against the wall, facing me, and I was scanning the shelf.

“Okay, fine. Christmas”, I said, pulling out ‘Surviving Christmas’.

Jeremy gave me an amused look. “Deana, It’s May”, he said.

I rolled my eyes. “I know that. But, Christmas movies work anytime of the year”, I answered, with a shrug.

He stared at me for a second and said, “You’re weird”, with a smile.

I giggled and said, “That’s what you like about me.”

“It’s one thing”, he said so silently, I’d hardly heard it, and then, before I could interject, he went on, “Fantasy?”

I grinned and said, “Those are for Willow.”

“You know what? We’re never going to agree on one, so, just close your eyes and choose”, he said.

I tried to hide my grin. I knew my entire DVD collection and position, hook, line and sinker!

“Okay”, I said, as he stepped closer.

He raised his brow at me, smiling slightly. “I’m not an idiot. We’re shuffling them.”

My mouth dropped open. “Do you know how long it took me to organize that?”

“I promise I’ll re-organize it with you afterwards”, he said.

I sighed dejectedly and put my hands over my eyes. “Do it fast. I can’t watch.”

I heard him chuckle, and begin to shuffle. After a couple minutes, he said, “Done. You first.”

I kept my eyes closed and pulled out a DVD. I heard Jeremy laugh and I opened my eyes.

“A hundred and one Dalmatians? You rigged that, Jeremy”, I said.

He chuckled and said, “I don’t control your hands. My turn now.”

I snorted and pushed him away from the shelf. “No. I’m not an idiot either. I’m shuffling.”

He rolled his eyes, smiling and said, “Whatever. I need a drink anyway”, and went off to the kitchen. He returned just as I was finishing, and chose his movie.

“Yes! Yours is even crappier!” I said, grinning widely.

He looked down. “The Princess Diaries?”