Detention

The day goes by with the speed of light. Gossip about our kiss spreads like wildfire. The story morphs into something giant instead of the trivial mistake made on both our parts. Our fellow peers describe it as something of monumental, life changing value. It all gives me a big old headache.

The final school bell rings at 4:50. I had 10 minutes to prepare for the 2 hour detention. I know it isn't that horrible, I'm sure it isn't going to be THAT bad. But as the head girl of my school, I would say it scars my ego to be sentenced to suffering this 2 months.

I try to shake off the guilt but it's always there, in the back of my mind. It's funny how one thing can lead to another. One mistake leads to big repercussions. I sling my black school bag over my shoulders, it's rose patterns not doing the effect it normally does. I'm in a very sour mood today. "Ready to learn the ropes of surviving detention?" Viktor seems to appear out of thin air. I turn towards him. I would never admit that he's beautiful. Everyone thought he was beautiful. He was the most handsome person I've ever seen. Perfect eyebrows, a wholly symmetrical face, a blood red mouth. Everything about him was classy but he had an air of mockery.

His face scrunches in confusion but he still looks attractive. God, it would be so much easier to hate him if he had less of a movie star worthy face. It's not like he's super buff or anything, he's one of those lean, fit people who don't try too hard to look good but somehow end up being extremely sexy. No, I'm not calling Viktor sexy, I'm calling his BODY sexy. There's a difference. For the record, though, Viktor is a hot name.

"You coming or not, LA" Viktor doesn't wait for a response, he simply continues his stride towards the art room. I have to jog to keep up with his long legs. Viktor tosses his head back and seems to swallow back a laugh, "Well hello little elf!" My eyes shoot daggers at him while we enter the venue for my wonderful well-deserved punishment.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Viktor proclaims. I do a quick glance around. The heater still isn't working so the room is cold, Miss Donna is rolling her eyes at Viktor and the rest of students are watching us hungrily, always ready for gossip. Like sharks smelling blood.

Viktor leads us to a desk in the back, pulling out a seat for me. Such a gentlemen. I'm being sarcastic if you didn't notice. I sit down, my chair opposite from his, and adjust my bag. "You know" Viktor is considering me with contemplating wonder-filled eyes, "It would be so weird if men wore shirts with V-necks. I mean I'm hot so I'll look good but damn would we look like idiots." I blink at him, unimpressed.

Then, playful child-like Viktor is gone in a flash. In place is a cold, distant version of Viktor. His icy demeanor catches me off guard, which he does alot. He crosses his arms and gives me a LOOK. A look that doesn't mean anything particularly good. "You kissed me. Why?" he whispers, lethally quiet.

"You kissed me too, we got caught up in the moment" I shoot back. Viktor shakes his head in exasperation, dark waves of hair shifting with the movement. "That's the lie you're feeding everyone. Tell me the truth, Louisiana." he uses my real name. It shivers through me, the name cold and foreign from his witty mouth. When I don't answer, he leans forward, elbows resting upon the table and his gaze pinning me to my seat. Panic climbs up my throat. This boy could be terrifying if he wished to.

"Tell. Me. Why." He grits out, dropping all pretense. He doesn't seem to care that his hair is in disarray or that people are staring. His focus is on me. A sliver of the person I know peeks out when he smirks, "You know you can tell me if you have a crush on me, LA. I won't laugh too hard."I close my eyes and for a second I wonder if I should admit to him. "No. I can't tell him. I can't tell anybody." a voice in my head whispers. I close my eyes against the feel of his stare and wish I could tell him. I wish I could tell someone. I wish things could be different. But this is how things are. Now I just have to figure out how to change that.