Awkward is an understatement

Viktor Wintyr

My mind is a complete mess. This girl. God, this girl. I can't get enough of her. I hadn't expected her to kiss me but Jesus, I was glad she did. At first I was just trying to keep her away from the cactus I'd stolen from her six years ago. Sure, it was an asshole move. Yet I wanted something from her. Something that would remind me of Louis Blues.

Her hands fist into my hair and mine fall onto her hips. I almost groan. Damn if the hair gripping wasn't a turn on. I could faintly register the music and the ongoing party but my sole focus was her. My sweet enemy. My heartbreakingly gorgeous girl. A heavy weight presses against my chest. In the back of my mind I know I should pull away. My body, though, has other plans. Luckily, Louise decides for me, stumbling away.

In her haste, she topples onto my bed. Her chest rises and falls unevenly. She had the beauty of a goddess. Wild, sinful thoughts flit across my mind and I fight to restrain myself. I was officially ruffled. Then, fuck my life, my step-sister walks in. Harley pauses midway into the room. Her eyes glance between us. "Did I interrupt something?" Harley's lilting voice asks.

I'm mortified and speechless. Louise shares the sentiment when she clears her throat. "We were just fighting for my cactus.." she trails off unsurely. Then, goddamn my half-sister, Harley cocks her head, "Is that a code word for about-to-hook-up?"

Louise's cheeks become a bright shade of pink. She's cute. Shit, even my thoughts are going against me. "You know, the sexual tension between you guys has been building for years" Harley continues, "I mean, it's practically an obsession. Viktor has an entire collage dedicated to you and even stole a cactus to feel like you love his hopeless ass."

At this point, I'm planning how to dig myself a hole. I want the earth to just swallow me so I can escape from this madness. Harley is a major Harley Quinn fan and she always thought it was her destiny or some shit to become her. I loved my half-sister very much but at the moment she was crossing my boundaries. I was too embarrassed to speak.

Unfortunately, Harley doesn't feel the least bit bothered, rambling on. "Viktor, the house is sooo boring without you. Now that you're eighteen, you won't have to stay with your mom. I mean, yeah, I know you love her but don't you love me too? Come stay pleaseee. See, I kept your side of our room in mint condition!"

Louise finally saves me. "Why do you have a collage of drawings of me on your wall, Sinclaire? You're giving off some major perv-janitor vibes... " I snort, turning towards her. I regret my choice immediately because woah, she looked hot on my bed. The companion in my pants fully agreed with the way he was at attention. I try to subtly shift my jeans but Louise's eyes track the movement. I get hot all over with her gaze on my body.

Who even am I right now? I did not know who I'd become because Viktor Wintyr did not have emotional meltdowns over girls in his bed. Somehow, Louise's cheeks flame even brighter. Great, now we were both a complete emotional mess. "I'm out." Louise announces, approaching the door. I don't move to stop her because at this point , I needed a breather too. I could only hope we could weather this little blip in our... Whatever this is.