Not again.

Detention passes by quickly enough. I've been desperately trying to boost my mood. Nothing really makes that much sense in the grand scheme of life. I never really thought I was going to end up like this. I shivered while walking down the empty hallway. The school's walls were a washed out color, so faded that it was hard to tell what it was originally. The lighting, dim, much like my spirit.

The ride home was a blur. My mind was still on Viktor and his strange behavior. I'm at my doorstep when the dread trickles in. A black, beaten-up truck was outside, parked haphazardly across the yard. It had trampled over my flowers, though that wasn't what had caused my anxious state.

Slowly approaching the house, I attempted to keep my breathing steady. It was nothing. He couldn't be home. My dad had left three years ago. A shiver ran up my spine. If he was here, I was leaving. The door creaked forebodingly as I enter my house. The first thing I notice is the lack of light. I never took off the living room lights.

Panic fought for control, overriding my common sense. Somehow, I manage to battle against my instinct to run. I sneak further into the room, knowing my way around it after threading across these carpets for years. Except, I kick something glass, the loud sound making me wince. "Louisiana?" a voice questions.

The sound of my name is like a knife to the gut. "Baby girl, is that you?" my father slurs. No, God no. This can't be real. Tears prick at my eyes, hopelessness filling my being. Without another thought, I bolt. I trip over my feet as I shoot out of the door. My pace quickens when I hear a crash from inside. My thoughts become a string of denials, not accepting the fact he was here.I collide into something solid with an oomph, my thoughts scattering in the wind. "Woah, there" familiar hands steady me. I already know who it is before looking up. Viktor towers above me with a concerned look in his eyes. "You okay, Blues?" he questions with a frown, glancing at the way I stumbled from.

I quickly nod, attempting to pull away, but before I could, his arms enfold me. Emotions abruptly surface from where I'd been trying to suppress them, tears swimming in my eyes. As gently as a feather, Viktor embraces me, the animosity between us completely forgotten. Everything was different now. It was all so much bigger than a petty high-school feud.We stayed like that for a while, seeking silent comfort within each other's arms. I sigh, my heartbeat finally slowing to it's normal pace before I gently pull away, our bubble of calmness dissolving. For a few heartbeats, we just stare at each other, calculating, wondering our next moves. Viktor decides to break the silence first.

"I'm sorry I was a bit mean in detention, I'm just concerned is all." he admits. I watch him nervously brush a hand against his nape as he continues, "I've never truly wanted to hurt you, Louise. It just happened over the years while we bantered and when push came to shove I couldn't back down." he shakes his head, clearing his mind.

"What I'm saying is, I care for you. In a hate-friendship way and if anything's wrong you can tell me... I won't judge you, I swear" he offers me a sheepish grin.

I consider his apology, wondering why it was so sudden. Maybe it was because of the kiss we shared. I bite my lip, debating with myself before finally giving in. I needed someone. Someone who didn't know me too much to cast judgement upon me but someone who knew me enough to understand my actions.

"Meet me. In Bellevue Park at six pm." I whisper under my breath. For a second I'm not sure whether he heard me but then he nodded, one sharp movement, before striding away. I let out a breath. Was I really going to do this? Tell my enemy something that could rebound right in my face? I stare at the open blue sky, then at the buildings surrounding me.A young mother was skipping around with her small daughter, laughing with the mirth of motherhood. As I stared at the sky, buildings and the mother and daughter, I came to a decision. Yes. Yes, I would risk everything. I would rather sell my soul than see this world collapsing. With a glimmer of hope and a vicious smile, I rounded to the foreboding gray apartment building. It ends here and now.