ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

midnight rain

chapter 5 "MY BOY WAS A MONTAGE"

all text in italics is spoken in catalan/ Spanish

"WHAT ARE you doing?" were the first words that departed olivia's mouth when she subconsciously let herself be dragged or instead 'kidnapped', how she likes to say it. she had felt those familiar hands on her shoulders and the same hushed whispers trickling against her neck- the one she had once anticipated. but joder, she could not get over the fact that he was here, then and now. and of course, she knew he was the fc barcelona number 30, olivia had been following his every move since the day he left. as creepy as it sounded, it was also the reason why the argentine was so hesitant to apply for the job, not that she herself had anyway. and now, she would be praying the indefinite price for something which wasn't even of her own doing. "seriously via?"

"WHAT DO you mean by seriously? i'm working here, let me sort my own life out. you don't need to interfere in everything," olivia frowned and moved to get out of the cramped corridor in which she had been subtly 'kidnapped'. "you're not talking about the elephant in the room,"
"oh please, I see you after 6 years for not even one minute and you are ready to pounce on me for something of your doing. give me a break," she shook her head at the indirect words from pablo. of course, she would ridicule his words. when did she not? "I miss you via. I mean, come on. i'm seeing you after so long, I want to talk to you. and man, I really would like a hug from my sister," pablo grinned after olivia looked up at him with a cheeky smile. oh my god, olivia thought as she felt herself melt into her brother's arms. he was always the better hugger. "I've missed you so much," olivia finally let her sentimental side out but pulled away when she saw a shadow from the corner of her eye. "what's happening?" pedri said as he pulled the two out of the corridor, a familiar face stood beside him. "charlotte!" "dios mio!" charlotte sine enveloped her best friend since 5 in a tight hug. pedri smiled at the two friends' connection after learning that charlotte wanted to meet olivia. "pablo," charlotte wrapped him in a soft, awkward hug and then retrieved. pedri and olivia watched the two as they attempted to engage in stiff conversation. "are you seeing what i'm seeing?" via asked while the both of them watched their best friends. "bet they get together by november," pedri whispered to via. "too soon. give it january," 

"is that a challenge?"

"I don't know. is it?"

pedri brought forth his hand to the girl he had just met a few hours ago. it was no big deal that the duo had already placed a bet on their friends, knowing that it would soon lead to being catastrophic. olivia placed her hand in his for the first time, a sudden kick erupting in her stomach when she felt his rough ones against her bath & body works moisturised ones. it did take her off guard, but she showed none in her face.

"deal"

*****

"I'VE missed you so much," charlotte said for the hundredth time that day. charlotte sine and olivia cabrera gavira had been friends for as long as they could remember. from nappies to college to first dates and kisses and the ultimate list of first times, the two had been there for each other through everything. so it was no surprise that they had found their way back to each other in barcelona. "I know char. and me too. but we have a whole life ahead of us which leads me to you. what are you doing fc barcelona's hq?" via rubbed her fingers softly against the woollen material of her sweater. the temperature had dropped to a gracious degree of 17 and the argentine could not have been happier. she didn't mind the spanish weather, but living in palau and then mexico, life didn't make it easy on her. she had always preferred the cold summers and from the looks of the local spaniards, the weather on this specific day was whole and a new thing.

"GIRL, zon't zuu it," char said with all the sass she could fathom, making sure to get a mini hair flip in there. "oh my gosh, I can see it. I can see the headlines!" via laughed as she looked up at nothing in particular, remembering the popular quote. meanwhile, the two men stared in silence at the two women who looked chris tucker with the confidence of will smith after the slap. except for the fact that they were attempting to blow bubbles in the coffees while paying the bill. "are you guys okay?"

this is just a filler chapter really, I just wanted to update cause my notifs were blowing up and I didn't feel good not posting another. so here it is, enjoy. my school is really being an ass rn so i will take some time to update. this chapter is also not proof-read so rip. but this will have to do for now. ilysm <3