2. Teach Me

Nani'ite and her siblings dove in first, guiding the way down into the sea

Nani'ite and her siblings dove in first, guiding the way down into the sea. They turned to see the newcomers amazed with the sea creatures. Tsireya smiled at the group and waved for them to come further down towards the oceans floor. Nani turned and waited for them, yet they swam back to the top of the water.

Swim with us her sister signed with her hands to them.

The group began to follow again but quickly gave up and swam back to the top.

What's wrong with them? Ao'nung signed.

They don't know how to breath yet. Nani signed back. She led her siblings back above the water.

"Are you alright?" Reya asked.

"You're too fast, wait for us!" Tuk whined.

"It's okay, you just need to breath." Nani told them.

"You are not good divers, maybe better at swinging through trees but-" Ao'nung teased, causing Reya to splash water in his face.

"Cmon bro," Neteyam said "we do not speak this finger talk you guys. We don't know what you are saying."

"We will teach you." Tsireya assured them.

The next objective of the day was trying to teach the sully children how to ride on an Ilu. Ao'nung talked the group through the basics but getting them to be good rider would take practice.

"It can't be any harder than riding our Ikrans." Lo'ak joked to his brother.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Nani'ite said from behind them, causing the pair to turn around.

"Here, I'll teach you Lo'ak." Reya quickly pulled the boy by the hand and led him towards the water.

"I will teach the girls" Ao'nung rang out, already showing the two the Ilu they were going to ride.

"Looks like you're with me." Nani said with her arms crossed, eyeing the boy up and down.

She didn't mean to be so rude, but she was just inspecting the boy in-front of her and thinking to herself. No way his arms would let him glide in the water as effortlessly as hers did, she knew his tail would not help him move as hers does. She clenched her jaw and finally made eye contact with him.

"Cmon forest boy." Nani turned and led the way into the water, they stood waist deep and Nani began making clicking noises with her tongue.

Neteyam turned to look at her and she felt his stare. She decided to leave him to stare, not wanting to break focus on getting an Ilu to come. Almost instantly a pair of Ilu's swam up to the couple and began roaming around them.

"How do you do that?" Neteyam smiled at her, Nani grinned to herself and glanced at the boy.

"You need to use your voice in the back of your throat, as if you're calling out to them, click your tongue on the roof on your mouth." She showed him slowly.