13. The Bond

The pair swam over to the rocky surfaces of the cove, climbing up to one of the rocks with greenery on it

The pair swam over to the rocky surfaces of the cove, climbing up to one of the rocks with greenery on it. The spirit tree below them in the water dimly lit up the area. Neteyam took Nani's hand into his, leading her to sit right in front of him. Their eye's flickered back and forth to each other, preparing themselves for what was to come.

"Are you sure that this what you want?" Neteyam asked her, holding his queue.

She nodded her head and held a hand to his face. Her beautiful caring boy, she thought. She was ready, and with Eywa's permission; she had never been so sure of something in her life. It felt like it was now or never. Her parents could not prevent what was already done. She was ready to give herself to him. All of her.

Nani'ite slowly grabbed her queue and held it in front of her. They both watched as the bond slowly began to connect. Slowly changing their lives as they knew it.

The couple's eye's both dilated looking into each other's. They felt the same thing, they we're connected now in a way they never could've imagined before. Nani moved slow, scared to touch the man in front of her. 

Neteyam reached out his hand to caress her face, it was his go to move. His favorite act of affection, to hold his lovers face in the palm of his hand. The touch made them both gasp, no words could explain the ability to feel the exact same thing your lover is feeling. Tingles ran through their bodies as Neteyam grazed his thumb softly over Nani's lips. 

She closed her eyes and leaned into the boy, finally sealing their bond with a kiss. A kiss more passionate than they ever shared before. They both breathed heavily as the kiss progressed, hands desperately holding onto each other's bodies, tongues dancing with one another. 

Neteyam pulled Nani on top on him, to straddle his lap. The two allowing each other's hands to explore one another's bodies, desperately enjoying the moment. Nani breathed heavily as Neteyam's kisses traveled down her neck and stopped right above her chest, separating to look up to his lover's eyes. 

"We are together for life now, my love." Neteyam spoke quietly, "I want to take things slow."

"Okay, Neteyam." Nani'ite agreed, holding her lover tightly.

The two slipped away in each other's arms, not wanting to let go of one another and enjoy this new sensation together.

Nani'ite was awoken by the sunlight hitting her face and the sound of waves crashing into the cove's rocks. She instantly shot up and shook the boy laying asleep behind her. 

"Neteyam!" She shook him, "Wake up, we fell asleep!"

"Huh, what the-" He groggily said, then shooting up once he understood the situation.

"My parents are going to fucking kill me!" Nani'ite said, quickly calling for her ilu.

"Nani, we must tell them that we-"

"No!" She turned to him, "We cannot, not yet."

Neteyam's face washed over with sadness, she's ashamed of me, he thought. 

"My Teyam." She grabbed his face, "I promise, in time we will tell them. We will tell the entire world, please, just give me some time to figure out how to break it to them." 

He nodded his head and grabbed her hand that held his face, kissing the top of it. 

"Let's head home. Quickly." 

By the time the two arrived back, the whole village was awake. Everyone was gathered in the communal area for breakfast. Nani'ite spotted her mom and dad from a distance, speaking to Neteyam's parents. 

"Shit." Neteyam whispered behind her as they rode up together on the ilu.

"Neteyam!" Jake said once he spotted the pair, "Come here."

"Would you like to explain to us where you were, Nani'ite?" Tonowari's asked sternly.

"We, I mean I was uh-"

"She took me the cove, early this morning right before sunrise, sir." Neteyam lied, "I just wanted to see it in the dark again, I begged her."

"What did I tell you and your sister about hanging out with these kids outside of training?" Ronal said to her daughter.

"Woah hold on," Jake said, "our children can be friends, can they not?" 

"My children do not have time for friends, Jake Sully!" Ronal said, causing Nani to wince at her mother's tone. 

"Excuse her," Tonowari said to the Sully couple, "she seems to have forgotten her manners. What she meant is-"

"What I meant is I do not want my children hanging around with these... these demon blooded children!" Ronal cut him off.

Neytiri immediately hissed at Ronal, protecting her own. "My children have been held by Eywa, born and raised Na'vi." 

"Your children cause nothing but trouble in this village! Starting fights, getting lost beyond the reef, medical mysteries that I have to cure. I do not want your son pulling my eldest daughter into any of your mess!"

Nani's breath began to become shallow, her heart beating twice as fast as it was before. Anger took over her body, and Neteyam sensed that. He grazed her fingertips with his, reminding her that he was still hers. They we're mated for life already, no one could keep them apart. Neteyam side eyed Ronal, if only looks could kill. 

"That's fine!" Jake said with his hands up in defense, "My son will stay far away from your daughter outside of practice." 

Neteyam was pulled away by his father, Neytiri stayed back as the men walked away, staring at Nani and her parents with an intimidating look.

"You will miss out on the privilege of knowing my children." Neytiri pointed at Ronal, huffing one last time before turning to walk away, following her family.

"Mother! How could you-"

"Enough!" Her father yelled out causing Nani to gasp, "Both of you! Ronal, you are making this harder than it needs to be." 

"I do not care!" Ronal pointed at Nani, "I will do whatever it takes to keep this child in line."

Nani'ite tuned out the rest of the argument as she stood in front of her parents, gazing out at Neteyam walking away in the distance until his figure disappeared. She felt so powerless, she knew she had no say in her life and she was used to that. Spending her whole life serving her parents. But it was decided, she was already mated. Whether they knew or not, they could not change that.