20. The Sullys

"So, there's a baby inside you?" Tuk asked innocently

"Such a blessing from Eywa." Kiri smiled.

"I am so confused" Lo'ak said with his arms crossed, leaning up against the marui wall.

"I think you know how it works, skxawng" Kiri rolled her eyes. 

"No!" He blurted out, "I mean yeah, I do but... shut up Kiri!" 

"Guys, can we please let Nani rest." Neteyam interrupted his sibling's banter with his serious tone.

Nani'ite sat on the floor of the Sully's marui, surrounded by Neteyam's siblings. The sun had set, and the Sully children had just gotten back from dinner. Nani had stayed home to not waste too must energy but mostly to avoid seeing her mother.

Neteyam's parents took her in like nothing and agreed that she was family now. Neteyam was ungrounded, considering the circumstances. Tuk was curious, attached at Nani's side, playing with her long curly hair as she spoke to her. Neteyam's lover, Tuk thought, she much be so special.

"No, Neteyam, it is fine. I enjoy the company." Nani smiled around at them; she lacked this dynamic in her old home. 

"I always knew my brother liked you." Tuk said, causing Nani to blush and Neteyam to roll his eyes playfully. 

"Yeah, I knew that too," Lo'ak spoke up, "just didn't know he could actually bag you."

"Lo'ak!" Kiri slapped her brother's arm.

"Sorry Nani," Lo'ak grinned at his brother, "didn't think you could pull it off, bro."

"Yeah, maybe I should teach you a thing or two so you can stop talking about Tsireya in your sleep." Neteyam grinned sarcastically.

"I don't even- you know what, this isn't about me," Lo'ak looked down at Nani, "just can't believe you guys kept it a secret from everyone." 

"Have you met my mother?" Nani joked. Lo'ak truly has no idea what he's in for if he decides to truly pursue Tsireya, she thought.

"Tuk!" Neytiri rang out as her and Jake walked into their home, "Tuk Tuk Tuk, it is bedtime, my love." 

"But mom! I'm talking to Nani'ite!" 

"She will be here tomorrow, Tuk. Come." Neytiri picked up her daughter and said her goodnights to everyone else.

"Did you speak to him?" Nani heard Neteyam say lowly to his father. 

"Yeah, yeah. He said you can start tomorrow." Jake nodded his head.

Their father said his goodnights to everyone as well and followed Neytiri into their room. 

"Ready for bed?" Neteyam asked Nani, holding out an arm to help her up. She nodded and took his arm, letting him guide the way to his room.

"Goodnight, love birds!" Lo'ak called out as they made it to Neteyam's room.