25. The End

They rode away from the ship together until they spotted Jake on one of the rocky surfaces

They rode away from the ship together until they spotted Jake on one of the rocky surfaces. "Dad! Help, it's Neteyam!" Lo'ak called out to his father. "He's hurt!"

"Hurry!" Nani'ite yelled, holding tightly onto his wound as Neteyam's breathing got heavy.

They turned Neteyam off of the Ilu, Nani gently carried his head as Lo'ak and Spider lifted him up.

"Oh no!" Jake's voice cracked as he grabbed his son.

"Hurry, please!" Lo'ak cried out as they tried their best to get him to the surface.

"Watch his head, watch his head!"

"Hurry! Come on!"

"Just watch his head!" Jake said, placing his eldest son down in front of him.

Neteyam's breath was shallow, coughing for air while his body shook uncontrollably. Nani could not stand to see him this way, she closed her eyes and grabbed his hand. "Shhh, it's okay. It's all okay." She tried her best to soothe him. 

"It's okay bro, we got you!" Lo'ak called out as Jake looked at his wounds.

"Oh no." Jake said looking at his wound, "Pressure, keep pressure on it!" He told Lo'ak. 

"Dad," Neteyam called out, "Nani."

"We're here." Jake said bringing a hand to caress his sons face, "We're right here."

"My Teyam." Nani cried looking up her lover, tears falling from her eyes uncontrollably as she held his hand to caress her face.

Just then, Neytiri flew in, approaching from the other side of Nani'ite. "No, no, no, no," She gasped, taking a knee by his side.

Neteyam was surrounded by them now, all looking down at him. "It's okay." Lo'ak reassured him.

"I want to go home." Neteyam breathed out, looking at his family and then down to Nani'ite with her face in the palm of his hand. He tried his best to wipe away her tears with his thumb, but he was too weak.

"I know, I know... we're going home." Jake responded, "We're going home. It's okay, it's okay."

Neteyam's flashed his eyes around once more, taking a look at each of his family members. His skxawng brother, his graceful mother, his admirable father and then down to his lover.

"I... I" He croaked out before he exhaled deeply.

The pupils in his eyes widened and his eyes turned dark. His once shaky lip was now still, the color from his face began to fade. His chest was no longer rising and falling, his body was no longer shaking in fear.

"Neteyam." Neytiri gently whispered to her son.

Nani shook her head, this is not real, please wake up this is not real.