O8. Beach

You just wanted to enjoy a good summer day at home, eating ice cream, with the air on, almost naked alone at home without interruptions, well, Oikawa thought you weren't going to enjoy that time alone. A meeting with all the team to go to the beach is a good idea, right? Well, not for you, the heat outside was so stifling that you thought you were melting right there, sitting at the bus station together with the team talking animatedly while both you and Iwaizumi were frowning, wondering what were doing there, even Kunimi and Kentaro seemed to want to go, both had been dragged away by force or bribed, that much was certain.

You gasped annoyed when you felt how Oikawa's arms wrapped around your shoulders, you liked hugs, but with these temperatures you preferred to keep distance from him, so you kicked Oikawa out of your reach, earning some complaints for his part.

"You don't seem very happy."

"I'm not Matsukawa, I'm not."

You sent an intimidating glare at the lazy blocker who stiffened at the feeling of the daggers digging into his person, he could feel a chill run down his spine.

"She looks like Iwaizumi, it's scary."

Now it was Hajime who was glaring at Hanamaki for the comment, who cringed in his place as well as his friend.

After suffering slowly in silence from the heat, you all arrived at a more or less empty beach, everyone took places while you lay down to sleep, or so tried because you had to referee a volleyball match, though you ended up sneaking out to buy ice cream. You wiped the sweat from your brow to ask, narrowing your eyes at how Kunimi was there before you, shrugging knowing that it was normal behavior to slip away from practice matches to sleep, in this case to eat something fresh.

"Kunimi."

You put your hand on his shoulder startling the boy.

"I'll buy you an ice cream and we won't go with the others."

You opened your mouth to say if he wanted to sit with you to eat but closed it smiling as the thought of free food. You nodded, relieving the boy that didn't want to exercise in the sweltering heat. You spent a long time chatting, despite that you decided to return because you didn't trust what those apes were doing, at this point you began to think that you were developing instincts because just when you two arrived you saw how Kentaro was trying to drown Yahaba.

"Shouldn't you go stop them?"

You sighed looking at Kunimi, he just lay down in the shade to sleep leaving you in charge of the idiots. You managed to make them stop but that was only for a moment. The day was going to be long.

 The day was going to be long

"Thanks Kindaichi, I appreciate your help."

You patted the boy on the back, thanking him for helping you carry a couple of fresh watermelons to the others who were now taking a break, luckily for you it seemed that things were calmer. seemed.

"It's nothing."

He smiled as he cut the fruit together with you, it took long enough for Hanamaki and Matsukawa to bury Oikawa under the sand creating a mermaid shape around him.

'I'm just not going to ask.'

Your instincts kicked in when you saw how Iwaizumi was holding a wooden plank blindfolded, there was a watermelon ─that the duo of memes wanted Iwa to explode blindly─ very close to Oikawa's face. You quickly gave the plate of food to Kindaichi who was looking at the scene in terror as you ran up to the ace, before any accident could happen you grabbed the muscular arms to stop him, startling the boy a bit. Oikawa sighed in relief, no part of his body suffered the consequences.

You scolded Makki and Mattsun for letting his captain nearly die by pulling their ears. You sat on your towel after threatening the boys that if they messed up you would kick them home. Now a little calmer you were able to rest for a while, there was just enough time for the boys to start making a fuss.

"That's unfair!"

"I'm not going to take those."

"Hey! You haven't said Uno."

"Why does Mad Dog have so many +4!?"

You blinked a couple of times when saw how on Matsukawa's back there was literally a penis drawn thanks to the sun and that one of the others made the shape —probably Hanamaki— you decided not to comment on that or how Oikawa had a floater with aliens.

Were they making such a fuss over a game? Yes, that's why you took the cards from them, because of that and because people started looking at them as if they were weird. You kicked them down to the beach to cool off a bit, though you wouldn't say you enjoyed seeing the faces of the boys as they plunged into the cold water so suddenly, you considered it payback for making you suffer this heat.

But even so you couldn't be calm, you turned around to be able to take your cameera, maybe at first you didn't feel like going out but you can always have nice or funny memories. You don't know exactly if you should take the photo but you still took it, in this one most of the boys were clapping while Kentaro hunted a fish with his mouth, Oikawa seemed to have a camera sensor because he was posing just like Yahaba who made a gesture to the camera and Kunimi who sticked out his tongue. You were thinking of calling to take a proper photo but then Iwaizumi —who had his head under water— pulled out a fish bigger than Kentaro's, now everyone applauded their ace.

'I think the photo can wait...'

You returned to the towel, this time calmer ─finally─, everyone seemed to be enjoying the water and luckily for you, Iwamama was helping not to get out of control. When they returned home, absolutely everyone fell asleep during the bus ride, with a small smile you made a portrait of everyone drooling in their dreams while some hugged each other like Mattsun and Makki or Kindaichi and Kunimi.

After all it was a nice day.