14. Deadly Halloween

You ran across the highschool, desperate to get to the main gym where Seijo's Halloween party was currently being held. You screamed as you saw that thing try to catch your leg, with the bat you were holding you began to smash its head, desperate for it to die, although theoretically it already was.

Its blood splattered on your clothes, also staining your face, but you didn't care, when you got rid of it, you continued to the gym, closing the doors as quickly as you could, trying to regulate your breathing. No one noticed your presence or what was happening in the city because of the loud music that echoed from the speakers.

"Oh I thought you didn't want to come!"

Oikawa smiled brightly, grabbing you from the shoulder, dragging you over to the group, they were all dressed up so they didn't question why you had blood on your clothes and came with a bat full of nails.

"You look agitated, did something happen?"

Iwa frowned, seeing how your expressions were anything but normal.

"Yeah, it looks like you've seen a zombie!"

Makki patted your back hard, trying to make one of his jokes, however your face contorted when you heard that, zombies. Your mind wandered to the terror you had experienced a few minutes later, with eyes wide open and a face of anguish, your fists clenched tightly.

"Are you really okay?"

You snapped out of your daze when Watari's hand rested on your shoulder. You tried to smile at your friends, but couldn't. Your pulse trembled, letting go of the bat and holding on to the libero in a desesperate hug.

"They have died, e-everyone..."

Many thought that you were acting, that you were part of a Halloween story, but upon seeing your expressions and empty eyes... they swallowed dry. Nothing was invented, the city really was in a damn apocalypse, collapsed from those living dead.

"Th-that can't be! real"

Oikawa looked like he wanted to cry like a baby right there, as did Yahaba and Kindaichi. Watari, Matsukawa and Kunimi remained serious, trying to think of a plan, while Iwaizumi tried to calm Makki, who did not want to believe the truth.

"Then we kill them."

Everyone fell silent when they heard Kentaro, he had disappeared a few minutes ago and now he brought sports equipment that could be used as a weapon.

"Are you crazy?! There are too many!"

Yahaba shook him desperately, he didn't want to die there.

"It will be fine if we stay together."

Now everyone gasped at Iwaizumi's statement, they didn't expect the saner one to trust that idea.

"Okay, if we can block all the entrances, maybe we can wait for someone to come for us."

"What if no one comes?"

You took a look at Makki, who seemed the most nervous along with Kindaichi, you put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing hard and hitting them on the back of the head.

"I called when I was coming here, the authorities are aware of the problem and are mobilizing to get us out of here."

Your words were like a small ray of hope for the others, who nodded, listening attentively.

"Then, let's finish them off."

Kunimi declared, grabbing a paddle tennis racket. The others rushed to grab material that could serve as a weapon.

You all acted normal in front of the others students while covering all the entrances or exits to the outside world, some zombies could already be seen entering the highschool, but no one should suspect anything and anyway, no one would believe yo...

You all acted normal in front of the others students while covering all the entrances or exits to the outside world, some zombies could already be seen entering the highschool, but no one should suspect anything and anyway, no one would believe you, so the music didn't turn down one bit.

Everyone continued enjoying, oblivious to the carnage that was happening on the other side of the doors. Until one of the students decided to leave, causing the dead that were piling up at the main entrance to burst in, causing total chaos. The screams were heard above the music, which at some point was cut off, now everything was a total chaos of students running, and trying not to be devoured by the monsters. You were ready to kick those beings' bony asses but someone stopped you.

"Sorry, Iwaizumi thinks it's better to run away for now than fight."

Matsukawa dragged you towards the others, who began to run throughout the premises looking for a safe place. They hid in the boiler room because it was in the basement and it would be more difficult to find them there, the areas they wanted to leave through were obstructed, they would prefer to lock themselves in there since it was less likely to find someone or something.

"Is anyone hurt?"

Watari took on the role of doctor, checking that everyone was in perfect condition, luckily there were only a few scratches here and there, but nothing serious. You rested for a while, but as time passed, impatience began to make an appearance.

"We must leave, if they catch us in this place we will have no place to flee, the other exits must have already been unclogged, it will be easier to get out now without all the chaos even though those things are still roaming freely out there..."

For once in his life Hanamaki used the only neurons he had left, if they continued in that place they would be easy prey due to lack of space now that many teenagers have probably become zombies too

"Yeah, we must be in a visible place for when they come for us."

Everyone nodded, running through the hallways toward your destination, the rooftop. Without noticing that the captain was limping a little, they didn't notice until a zombie started chasing you, followed by a few more. Advancing the step, Oikawa became desperate because of his annoyance, he ended up falling making a dull noise that only Iwaizumi and you heard since you were behind the group. The two of you gasped when you saw how four zombies were pounced on your friend. Without time to think, the boy in danger accepted his death in a dramatic way, feeling how blood splashed on his face. When he opened his eyes he met you, he smiled with teary eyes.

"Am I in heaven?" then his gaze went to his childhood friend "Wait, is it hell?"

The vice captain grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, dragging him while you hit him on the head with a frown.

"No, but if you continue like this I will send you to hell myself."

You caught up with the group quickly. When you finally reached the roof you sighed in relief, closing the door and scolding the setter, who practically almost committed suicide.

"Shit, that was close."

You calmed down a little, closing your eyes and recovering the lost air, you looked at everyone with a small smile, sighed heavily, standing up to hug everyone tightly, being grateful that they were still alive. You wouldn't allow anyone to touch your friends.

Suddenly a zombie came out of nowhere, surprising everyone and almost biting you, your eyes widened, leaving all static in surprise. You heard a dull thump after screams of agony that gradually fell silent. You turned your head slowly when you saw that thing decapitated by beatings.

"Are you okay?"

Kentaro scowled, spitting at the dead body and grabbing you so that you were next to him. They wouldn't let you die on this crazy day either.