Chapter 9- Special skills

You kept having flashbacks from last weeks dinner.
And seeing Rick's brother made you realize something.

Karma is real.

Shit, your past is catching up with you fast!!.

You really wanna be with Rick but you will lose it if one more person you've been with shows up out of nowhere. It's getting ridiculous.

You got a call from an unknown number.

"Hi, it's Jake" the voice said.

"You've got to be kidding me" you thought.

"Hello Jake, uhm, need anything?" You asked .

"Uhm, Rick's birthday is coming soon and dad's trying to throw him a literal ball. I think it's lame but Mum agrees. Well I'm looking to throw an after party for him and I need help with planning, Leila can't do much , so would you wanna help?" He asked .

"Yeah, sure" you said, regretting it the moment the words left your mouth. Why would you want to spend alone time with someone you used to fuck.

"Mae, you can do it. You just need to set boundaries. They need to know that it's over. No more wild escapades" you said  to yourself

Rick's birthday is tomorrow.
And Jake asked you to come over to the house to go through what he has planned and also go shop some things .

You hated that idea so much but you went .

When you walked into the sitting room,  you saw Jake shirtless drinking from a can.
He was wearing sweatpants.

Holy shit, you had a wave of flashbacks...

No no no no.

This can't be happening .

"Oh hey there" he said with a smile.

"Hi" you simply said trying to stay fixed on his face .

"Uhm sorry about this, I just got done working out, I'll go freshen up. Give me a moment" he said and walked away.

"Hey vanilla" a voice called. That's your  tinder name. It's Rick's dad. He came to sit with you  on the couch.

"What" you asked rudely .
"Easy tiger,  I've missed you" he whispered.

"Hey ... George, don't ever come at me with that bullshit, it's sickening" you said.

"You didn't think so in the wine cellar" he said.
"It was a mistake and it won't happen again." You said .

"We'll see" he said.

"Hey dad" Jake said walking towards you,  fully dressed . "C'mon Mae" he added

George looked a little confused .

"You aren't here to see Rick? He asked.

"No she's here to see me" Jake said.

There was an expression on his face. Was it jealousy?.

You and Jake went over all of the details of the after party. Jake has invited all of Rick's friends . It's supposed to be a surprise.

Planning was going well and you notice that he hasn't mentioned the ship once.

It's convenient that you both don't talk about it.

He drove to your house after your run arounds.

"Wait . How did you... I didn't tell you my address" you said.

"Well, I have a very good memory and we have had a conversation about your home before. You know right after we had sex on the ship?" he said.

Oh!.

On the ship. You told him your address as a joke.

"Thank you for dropping me off" you said awkwardly .

He leaned in close as if he wanted to kiss you and you closed your eyes. You knew it was wrong .

But nothing.
You heard a click sound.

He unhooked your seatbelt for you.

You opened your eyes and saw him smirking hard.
You felt so dumb.

"It's an old car, it requires special skills" he said .
You were about to open the door .
"Hey hold on" he said coming down from the car and running to your side to open the door for you.

Huh!  Why are you having butterflies.

"You didn't have to" you said.

"I know, I wanted to. You are my brothers girl after all" he said with a smirk.