mischievous rival | jeongho

It's him again.

Jeongin stared at him with a hint of annoyance on his face. Lee minho, his mischievous Rival.

By rival he means, his opponent in chess.

"I warned you already, didn't i?" That smirk again.

He swears, his only goal is to see minho lose that smirk.

"I haven't won over you yet. Why would i back out?" Jeongin raised a brow, provoking him.

Minho stepped closer to him, so close that he was only a step away from jeongin's face.

"Back out now or you'll embarrass yourself later, jeongin. You see, I'm the ace here"

He did that to annoy jeongin but when he sensed his scent, jeongin almost though it was attractively hot.

"What the fuck jeongin"

He instantly shrugged the thought off as jeongin stared directly at minho's eyes.

"We tied twice, this time i will make sure to take the ace title" jeongin said pushing him away from himself.

"Sure take that" minho said sarcastically.

They both sat on the chess table setting the timer on for the game.

Jeongin played as black and he was the white. Jeongin was the first move so he placed the pawn two squares on the right.

The game continued, more people are starting to watch our play.

As expected, minho is leading the game.

"I told you" he whispered as jeongin shut him up instantly.

"I still havey queen with me. Don't get too excited, the game is still not over" jeongin placed the rook close to his king as an attempt of check.

Minho was aware that jeongin was trying to corner him so he was quick to use a pawn as his bait.

"Your plan is obvious, you still have a long way to go, jeongin"

Little did he know, jeongin was actually waiting for him to use that pawn as a bait. Jeongin defeated the pawn with his knight.

"Check" jeongin smirked when he was cornered.

But jeongin's smirk was quickly erased from his face when minho did castling and escaped his plan.

"I gave you the bait and you took it so fast. Chess is not just about defeating the king, jeongin"

"Everyone is the main character in this board" raising his brows with a hint of arrogance, minho added his statement.

Since he escaped from jeongin's plan, the game continued with minho still leading the game.

Few more minutes passed and the crowd is telling jeongin to resign the game mow cause minho was obviously winning.

Jeongin's pride won't let him win though, so he managed to keep his king safe until they announced that this game is another draw.

"3 weeks till our next match. Train harder, jeongin. Take the title next time~!" Minho said standing up from his seat and taking his bad before leaving the room.

Jeongin didn't have the time to roast him as the crowd followed him while he was left alone in that table.

"Go trip over a knife" jeongin mumbled

------- ( jeongin's pov ) -------

This day is really not going according to plan. The moment i reached the bus stop, i was informed that the bus will not stop over this area today fro some technical issues.