𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝑩𝒖𝒔𝒂𝒏 Ep;8.2 (HHJ)

- jeongin's pov -

Love, isn't love a beautiful feeling? The excitement, the thrill, the comfort, love, care and whatnot. It's a blissful feeling that everyone wants in this world and i had it too, i lost it the moment i saw him breaking in front of my eyes.

He was shot, he was bleeding-but then something happened to catch my eyes which made me lose the last string of sanity i had left.

He was bitten.

I could see those bite marks on his wrists and my eyes widened and they welled up with tears too, it definitely didn't look fresh but it was bleeding.

"What's this?! Hyunjin! Why the fuck are you b-bitten???" My voice cracked at the end as i thought of the endless possibilities that could take place if something went horribly wrong.

"I'm fine jeongin, it's just a scratch, I'll take care of the bleeding! Help the army out, they are having a hard time fighting because one sniper is down" i was baffled at his confidence and concern, i didn't want to lose him.

But his voice ringing in my ears reminded me that i didn't want to lose him either, i loved him, i love him, i love minho- and if i lose him, I'll lose myself. Trusting hyunjin's words, i took his gun and cocked it, and positioned myself behind the barricade.

That's when i spotted him.

Minho, lee minho, he was fighting but he was fighting hard, too hard for someone's concern. I was about to say something but i stopped spotting something in my sight.

He was holding hands, it was a man, and they both were fighting together, protecting each other.

Let me be honest, did i have the right to feel betrayed when i wasn't aware of the situation, not really, but i definitely was saddened. Was this to bring us close, rather putting us apart?

- author's pov -

It's infuriating to jeongin's eyes but he was stuck too. Hyunjin's bleeding and possibly bitten, and minho is right in the dive field, and he didn't know who to save truth be told. This is where his heart tears apart into two to think about saving whom?

The one jeongin loved for years, or the one he met 5 hours ago? Who is more important to him now? He cut his heart right open when he choose to save hyunjin over minho.

Only for two sole reasons, one, hyunjin's closer to him and bleeding profusely, two, minho had someone by his side to fight with him, even if that isn't him, he didn't mind neither did he feel disheartened.

His life matters more than minho's betrayal, or His betrayal

Jeongin's heart burns as he runs to help hyunjin after clearing a path for minho and the one beside him. Jeongin loves him, he really does, but at the moment, it's hyunjin who needs him the most.

As soon as jeongin rushed over to him, he caught hyunjin's body curling into an uncomfortable position as he clutches his bitten wrist. His heart aches and he felt nothing but scared, scared of not the outcome, but rather what would happen to hyunjin.

Jeongin bend down to his body and touched his face, caressing it as he becomes alert of his presence.

"J-jeongin?" Hyunjin asked in a small voice as he wasn't strong enough to talk louder, jeongin saw his eyes squinting as he said yes, before touching his face once again - the heated temperature his body gave out seeming very uncertain to jeongin.

Jeongin's no doctor, but he did take 5 years into medical, before quitting his residency halfway because he wasn't qualified anymore to perform surgeries, a minor accident changed his life, and he's been living like that since.