⚡6⚡

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Ellow luv (sm please tell me they got the reference)

anywayy filler chapter for my babes and yes here's uhh yeah OH YEAH I FORGOT TO MENTION THSI souu I have like 3 upcoming exams which will be 50 percent of my grade, so it might take some time to update the next chapter so instead of 5 days, I'm gonna pass it to 7 days 

really really (iknowugotthereference) sorry and I will eventually try my best to update

thank you souurr muchy for understanding

Today's SOTC izz "TINNITUS (Wanna be a rock)" by TXT LIKE BROOO OMG I AM SO OBSESSED AND SUGASR RUSH IS SUCH A SOTY LIKE BFFR THE NON-SKIP ALBUM AND DAWGG TOP TIER MUSICSA FAKRF

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

6

(multiple years ago)

"Hyun, are you sleeping yet?"

Hyunjin shook his head in answer and emerged from behind his crammed-together blanket. The woman took a deep breath and stepped inside his bedroom, where she settled next to her son. 

Hyunjin realised what was going on and switched on the nightstand lamp to get a better look at his mother. The poor woman appeared devastated, her eyes heavy and swollen from an absurd amount of tears, which had left hazy dry streaks on her cheeks.

"I am truly sorry, sweetie..." His mother murmured, sounding a little distressed. Hyunjin, on the other hand, did not immediately respond to his mother, but instead listened to her carefully. 

"You obviously understand; I've constantly aspired to be a better mother. I've always desired you to grow up with a better childhood than I experienced, yet it appears that no matter how hard I try, it always backfires on me," she finished with a slight chuckle, seeking to lighten the mood again.

Hyunjin's heart sunk once more; he had always acknowledged and supported his mother's suffering, ensuring she recognised and felt loved by her son. Although he was only 13, he observed the obstacles the family endured every day, every night and every second. The father had a drinking hardship, and his mother couldn't really handle alcohol whatsoever; therefore, reliability was lost. Every day brought lies, misunderstandings, and manipulation. And his mother was young, and he'd be hiding the truth if he claimed he didn't have to be older and more mature to provide his mother with a shoulder to cry on.

She made tremendous sacrifices, including abandoning her family at the age of twenty while pregnant, to pursue her ambition of becoming a writer.

Warning: spoilers ahead. She couldn't. Having a toxic partner damaged her life so profoundly that she attempted suicide. But here's where Hyunjin kicks in: the 10-year-old rescued the life of a grownup. Even after numerous difficulties, she decided to try her greatest to stay alive—just for Hyunjin.

"Mom, didn't we talk about all this? I understand you try extremely hard. I know you work hard, and I love you, so don't degrade yourself..." Hyunjin said as he leaned closer to his mother's arms, "Love you too, my fluffy little dumpling!" The mother responded by drawing Hyunjin closer and tickling him, making him giggle and smile.

Oh, how it made the mother's heart flutter. The delight of seeing their child joyful and pleased works as an antidepressant. She examined Hyunjin from head to toe, and it struck her how much the youngster had grown. "You're becoming so big, Woah... My baby has grown up; I can no longer fit you in my arm! "You were only a few months ago, this little," Hyunjin smiled as she clasped her hands together to demonstrate to Hyun how small he was.