CHAPTER 30 - I DO!

****Aaron's POV****

Nadia walked down the aisle first, taking her place on the other side as the maid of honor. I held my breath as I waited for Caroline to show up.

I heard the gasps of the guests as Caroline came into view. Many heads turned to me to watch my reaction. I, on the other hand, was utterly and completely mesmerized by the woman walking towards me with slow steps. She was not looking at me, nor at the guests, nor anyone. She was staring at the ground, her face had turned a light shade of pink, and I could understand everything she was feeling right now. Because I was too.

"How does she know the Dylan fucking VanAssche?" Brian spoke, leaning towards me.

It was only after he mentioned his name did I realize the man walking her down the aisle was VanAssche. I wondered where that bastard who called himself her father was.

Brian was waiting for an answer, but I focused on the woman in front of me.

My heart skipped a beat when she looked up at me from behind the veil. She was nervous, it was written all over her face, but when her eyes met mine, it all disappeared. She smiled at me, her steps became more confident.

Moving my eyes away from her face might be the hardest thing I did that day. I had to though. The man beside her was glaring holes in my head after all.

I returned the glare, until he placed Caroline's hand in mine. He cared for her, dearly. The haunted look he gave me in that moment explained exactly what the woman standing in front of me meant to him.

I softened my expressions and gave him a slight nod, he repeated my act and moved back to take his seat among the other guests.

Caroline and I turned to face the Bishop, who opened the book he was holding and started the ceremony.

"You look better than I fantasized about you," I whispered to Caroline. She tried to hold her smile but chuckled at the end, the last bit of nervousness flying away from her.

Finally it was time to say our vows.

"Do you, Aaron Woodwords,

Take, Caroline Marshall,

To be your wife;

To have and to hold,

From this day forward,

For better, for worse,

For richer, for poorer,

In sickness and in health,

To love and to cherish,

'Till death do you part."

The Bishop turned to me. I looked into Caroline's eyes—a light shade of brown that glowed like honey in the sunshine. "I do," I said. I had never been more sure about anything else.

He then turned to Caroline.

"Do you, Caroline Marshall,

Take, Aaron Woodwords,

To be your husband;

To have and to hold,

From this day forward,

For better, for worse,

For richer, for poorer,

In sickness and in health,

To love and to cherish,

'Till death do you part."

"I do," she said the next moment, a huge smile spread on her face.