CHAPTER 24 - FIRST FLIGHT

Splash!

I took a sharp intake of breath when my face hit the water. Where was I? Why was I drowning?

I opened my eyes with a jerk and sat up. Looking around, I realized I was still in my room, on my bed. No tsunami? No drowning?

"Get up, sleepyhead." I heard a girl's voice say to me. I turned my head towards the familiar voice and saw the familiar face standing next to my bed. It was Nadia.

She had an empty glass in her hand and I touched my face only to realize it was soaked. My face had not hit the water, it was the water that had hit my face. And my clothes. And my bedsheet. Nadia had poured the whole glass over my face.

"You could have just sprinkled it!" I said, suppressing a yawn.

"I was debating if it would work but then it was getting late so I took the best route," Nadia explained. Taking me by my arm she pulled me out of the bed.

"You'll be late!" She said, pushing me towards my bathroom.

I'll be late? Where am I going?

Milan, you idiot!

The more conscious voice in my head informed me.

My eyes went wide with the realization. I looked at the clock and slapped my forehead. It was already 6 in the morning. I was definitely going to be late. Thanking Nadia, I ran inside my bathroom for a quick shower.

"Quick, Caro! Quick," Nadia shouted from the other side of the door.

I had called her last night to inform her about the trip. Her excitement for me was even greater than mine. As expected, she told me she wanted to see me off at the airport. It was also that she wanted to officially meet Aaron for once.

Nadia had pulled out a pair of jeans and a shirt for me by the time I walked out of the bathroom. I got dressed and went to put on some makeup while Nadia paced around the room, thinking hard if there was anything I was forgetting. I had already packed my bags the previous evening so I didn't think anything was missing. Once she was sure, we took the bags and ran down the stairs.

We had woken everyone in the house by paying no attention to all the loud noises we were creating in hurry. They had come out of their rooms to check for the source of the voices, but I was too focused to make it to the airport on time to bid them farewell. Apparently, Nadia did.

"Ba bye, bitches," she waved to the three of them as we walked out of the house.

We threw the bags in the trunk of the car and Nadia went behind the wheels. I did not trust my driving enough in a stressful situation like this one. I did not trust Nadia's driving too, but it was not like there was anything I could say to change her mind. She had already warned me to sit silently and leave it to her to get me to the airport on time.

What would I have done without a friend like her?

"What happened to James' nose? I can imagine someone breaking it for the kind of bitch he is," Nadia laughed as she zoomed through the empty streets. It made me contemplate if I was going to die before we made it to the airport.

"Aaron did. And slow down the car!" I screamed, but she ignored me and pushed the accelerator further. Yup, that's my end.

"He really did?"

"Yeah. With a tennis ball." Nadia laughed then controlled it and focused on her driving.

Exactly 10 mins later, we were outside the airport. There were a lot of people carrying their bags and entering the waiting area and I hoped I had not missed the flight. I can't miss my first flight. I can't miss my trip with Aaron.