The Eagle's Sorrow

USS Enterprise's P.O.V

The wind wailed along the surface of the rough waves that battered against my legs every second. To my side the silver strands of my own hair flew violently in the gale as I tried so heavily to hold my ground and keep my focus. 

I was alone in the storm, neither where I was nor why I was here was known to me. The clouds above hung low, dark and dense blocking out all forms of sunlight. The rain tore down from the sky in a furious fashion that prevented me from seeing anything outside a few meters of myself. 

While I have been through many wild storms during my time out at sea, something about this gave me an unsettling vibe, as if something were to happen at any moment.

The suspense was only doing further damage to my stress levels as I continued to desperately fight the storm in search of anything or anyone. 

Perhaps I had become lost from my squadron in the storm and they were still nearby? I tried to reach anyone on the radio but the only reply I got back was static. Then again, I didn't even know the squadron I could have been in. 

Suddenly a loud clash of thunder made me flinch and nearly lose my balance but luckily I was able to quickly regain my stance. 

"Hello!!" I called out to the storm, hoping for an answer.

"HELLO!?!" I called out again but never heard an answer as the loud volume of the rain smacking against the waves masked even my own voice making it hard to hear.

It was foolish to even think I could find a response within the storm, let alone someone hears my own words if I couldn't even hear them that well. 

Despite still fighting through the storm, I had all but given up searching for someone when suddenly I heard a struggling noise that was weirdly as clear as day.

"Hurgk!" The noise sounded off ahead of me and forced my legs into motion. 

With my bow in hand, I continued to fight the weather until I came upon the scene that ran my blood cold.

While listening to the maniacal laughter I watched as the Siren Observer used its tentacles to toy with who I soon realized was Commander Thompson. She had a grip on his neck and was trying to drown him as he desperately punched and shoved at the tentacle.

"Let him go!" I yelled at the siren with my bow raised and an arrow notched. The Observer seemed unfazed however as it looked back at me with a sinister smile and pulled the Commander out of the water. 

He continued to struggle in the grip of the Observer while he dangled a few feet above the water's surface. 

"And what would you do? You failed to protect him once, what's stopping you from failing again?" The Siren taunted.

With it aimed at its head, I released the arrow and watched it fly toward the siren only to be swatted away effortlessly by another one of its tentacles. The siren then laughed before aiming one of its cannons toward me and firing.

I screamed in pain as the beam of energy pierced my armour and damaged my left arm while destroying the bow I held in its hand.

"Nothing so it seems" The siren grinned in amusement and I cried out in horror as the Commander who had continued to struggle suddenly fell limp as the Siren snapped his neck without a second thought.

I watched as the Siren tossed him aside. The one who had taken care of me and showed me a new life was now a body sinking beneath the waves and I barely did anything to help him.