Unexpected Guest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HMCS Ontario's P.O.V

A sigh escaped my lips as I sat in the shade trying to fan whatever cool air I could conjure with my hand towards my face. I had barely walked half a kilometre from the lecture hall when I had to sit out of the blazing sun that was practically frying me alive. 

The difference in temperature from yesterday was a gross start to the day, Waking up in an oily sweat to the death rays beaming down on me through the window, feeling as if I were suffocating while taking in that first breath of the hot air. Almost immediately as I woke up I had to spring from the damp mattress, toss on some quick clothes and rush down to the showers so I could cool off. I didn't even regulate the temperature of the water it was so hot, I just turned the cold water to full and desperately began to scrub my body clean of the greasy feeling that disgusted me so.

While at that point I was happy to feel clean after I nearly froze myself stiff, It didn't last long after I returned to my room to change into a cooler outfit than my uniform and started my day. 

When I left the dorms this morning I was hit with the full brunt of the temperature upon leaving the air-conditioned building and very soon that oily feeling returned as I was making my way towards the lecture hall. 

By now it was noon and with the weather being a contributing factor I finally decided I needed to take a day off from the pallets of work I had to go through.  Some of the Union ships may find this to be a normal day, but for me? It was a day that felt like nothing productive should be done. A lazy day to say the least. Maybe if it was just a few degrees lower I'd try some sports down by the beach or just sit by the ocean with the rest of the girls, maybe even get a swim in. 

Yet it wasn't, the heat made me feel like I just shouldn't even be moving at all. Oh how I'd love to just lay in bed wearing nothing but my underwear while having a fan blow on me.

Unfortunately, the time for that idea had long since passed considering I had already been out for half of the day. By now there was no use in going back when I have already started the day, now that I was out, I might as well take care of some things I haven't had the time to do as of late. 

Wiping the sweat off my forehead before readjusting my cap, I then stood up and continued where I left off along my journey only to regret It a moment later as the sun blazed upon me once more. Nonetheless, I powered on while desperately trying to block what light shone past the brim of my hat. 

I was starting to regret not bringing a bottle of water along with me, In fact, I was starting to regret even leaving my room in the first place. 

As I continued on with my walk there was nothing more to do than think as my body switched to autopilot. Being alone with my thoughts once more my mind wandered aimlessly towards last night and the wild game Haida played. While we won by seven to three It didn't feel so much like a victory as Haida got into at least ten fights throughout the night.