Vegas

I just walked away from the situation though I have to admit, I was privately stunned by how Kinn stood up for me.

But I looked at my arms also and got reminded on how often, I am also a punching bag for most people despite my supposedly sour face and guarded personality.

I went home only to be confronted by my dad who was mad at me for walking away from the meeting. Though Kinn too had agreed and walked away with me, he was angry that I had taken that first call to end the meeting and walk away.

I just kept quiet and turned to walk away only to have my dad throwing his whiskey glass from across the room. It landed straight on the back of my neck and I grimaced in pain as it broke into smithereens and I started bleeding. I cradled the back of my neck and looked up only to have Kinn looking at me wide eyed over the entire thing that had unfolded. His hands clenched and I could see he was about to retaliate when I shook my head subtly and continued walking away.

I heard my father's voice change immediately when he saw Kinn. He always acted like a nice man around Kinn and his dad though he hated them for some fucking morbid reason.

I just walked away and was nursing myself in my room when I heard knocks. I went to open it when I saw Kinn standing there.

"You ok? Do you need my help?"

"Stop being a fucking pussy. Why are you here?"

"Vegas..."

'Just go away Kinn."

"Vegas. You are bleeding. Let me at least make sure it's dressed."

"No need. I'm fine. I handle it."

"Vegas!"

"Get lost Kinn."

I walked to my bathroom and just slammed the door and shut it. I just sat down on the toilet bowl, feeling the wound just trickle further down my shirt. I sighed, taking off my shirt and standing up to look at myself. Seeing the angry red lashings reminded me of the whipping my father gave me last night in his drunken rage once he found out that I had thrown a hissy fit around Kinn.

I was always the one; facing the brunt of his anger. I chose it that way or else he would throw it towards Macau and I didn't want him going through that. I cradled my head with the shirt and stepped out of the bathroom only to see Kinn still sitting on my bed with a first aid kit.

I glared at him but he just walked up to me and made me sit down on the nearest chair. I wanted to stand up and he raised his hand in frustration. That sudden gesture reminded me of my dad and I involuntarily shuddered. Kinn caught that and his face changed. I expected a smirk but rather he looked stunned and lowered his hand and the next thing he said shocked me.

"Im sorry."

"Do me a favour. Please just leave."

"Let me dress your wound and I go."

"I said GET LOST!"

I finally lost it and screamed at Kinn, knowing clearly the repercussions of this. Kinn was stunned and just left. I just continued sitting there. My father rushed in hearing me scream. He narrowed his eyes at me but this time, I just pushed him out and locked the door.

Sometimes, I wish I could just leave this damn place. Even this damn world. But my eyes fell over my family photo, seeing Macau and I gritted my teeth. No matter what, I had to tolerate all of this for him.

I finally looked at the first aid kit and I cleaned myself up. It definitely took some time but I did it and I went to keep the box away. I walked down the hallway and heard voices in the hall. I looked in briefly to see Kinn and my father quarreling. What the fuck was going on?

I quietly stepped away not letting them see me but I stood behind the door and evasdropped. Very proud of it and I wouldn't shy away from it.

"I saw him today. He had lashings all over his arms. What happened?"

"Nothing. He hurt himself accidentally. Got into a fight with some rivals of ours."

"Are you sure?"

I heard footsteps so I quickly walked away but it puzzled me as to why would Kinn be so curious over me. I went back to my room and just stood at the window, smoking when I saw Kinn walking away. Just as he was about to turn the corner down to his own house, he turned towards my direction one more time.

He looked at me and I just glared back but he just threw me a smirk before walking away.

Fucker.