Kinn

I woke up around 8am, to find the bed empty. Vegas was gone. I sat up on the bed, seeing my clothes folded neatly on the bed with a note on it. I took the note and all it had was one word - "Sorry"

I didn't say a word, slipped on my clothes and went back to my room. I took a shower and was styling my hair when I saw the numerous hickeys and scratches everywhere. When I saw them, I subconsciously licked my lower lip as I continued styling my hair.

I got dressed and went out. I had some meetings with some associates and then meeting P Thunkul again with regards to the drug deal. It was a busy day which kept me on my feet the entire time and I also realized that I never got to see Vegas at all. Typically he would come along for the meetings but today I didn't see him at all.

I had a bad feeling that he was in the basement and so, I tried to get through all of my appointments as quickly as I could so I could go see him. If he was, his father was so dead in my hands.

When I got back home, I was surprised to see him in my living room with my dad and his. They were discussing about some business deal. I just nodded and proceeded to head towards my room. I was in my room, nursing a drink at the window when I saw Vegas making his way back to his own house. I just watched him but just as he turned the corner, my phone beeped. I looked down at my phone only to see a message from him, "Come over."

I looked at it for such a long time. Finally I made my way over and went up to his room. He opened the door for me, dressed in only a pair of sweats and nothing else, his body a mixture of healing lash marks and hickeys all over. He stepped aside to let me come in wordlessly.

He fixed me a drink and we just sat down.

"Where were you today?"

Vegas looked at me and I half expected him to just snipe at me but instead I heard him mutter,

"Had to go settle that deal with Ari Tradings and also pick up Macau from uni. It is his semester break so I will be away spending time with him."

"Oh.. going out of town?"

"Bringing him to Bali for a holiday. Macau only visits during break so it's my 1 chance to spend time with him."

"That must be nice."

Vegas kept quiet. "You called me over? For?"

Vegas just looked at me, the desire in his eyes just radiating off him. I couldn't help but agree that same idea was running through me too. Tasting him yesterday just made me yearn for more too but I wondered if i was the only one who felt that way.

But now seeing Vegas's desire gleam in his eyes, moments later, I found myself in his arms and this time, he dominated me completely in bed. It was refreshing and yet sobering.

Hours later, I found myself in his arms and I turned to look at him, his eyes closed, eyebrows not burrowed and he was sleeping. I tried to sit up but Vegas pulled me back into his arms.

"It's still early. Sleep a while more."

"I should get going. Can't be spending another night here."

Vegas loosened his grip around me but I saw his eyebrows furrow and he opened his eyes to look at me.

"Sorry if I seemed like I am holding you back. Sure. Go on ahead."

I looked at him as he closed his eyes again. But something in me shifted and I just chose to continue lying down and even wrapped my arms around him. I saw a small smirk come over his face.

"Which part of Bali are you guys going to?"

"Canggun. Why?"

"Just asking. Who's going to be handling the business here?"

"My dad is around Kinn. Trust me. He can run it without me. I'm sure he's happier this way. I know I am."

"Vegas.."

"Don't bother asking. I wouldn't tell you anything. We sleeping together doesn't mean I have to or will start confiding in you."

I didn't say a word. He had a point. He turned to me, "let's get 1 more round in. You are making me horny again."

With that, Vegas proceeded to give me another round of a hot unforgettable mess. I woke up around 9am finally, once again finding the bed empty, with my clothes neatly on the bed, no Vegas in sight.

I slipped out again like the last time, swearing to myself, the next time I wouldn't be going over. This is the 2nd time he has dumped me. Can't he just stay in?!

As I got ready for the day, I heard my dad yelling for me. I ran down only to find out that someone had kidnapped Macau and Vegas has been gravely hurt. My heart flipped a bit hearing that. I wanted to desperately go see Vegas but I know this behavior would be clocked by my dad as I am not the affectionate type. I held myself back as my dad said we had to rescue Macau.

My dad had a soft spot for Macau. All of us did; he was the baby of the family despite our own issues with P Kun and Vegas. We tried to retrace back the steps and find out where did the lapse happen.

Vegas had been on the way to pick Macau up. He had reached the airport and seen Macau, going up to him when he was hit on the head with an iron rod and watching Macau being taken away before his very eyes! My heart definitely dropped hearing that and I knew I had to go see Vegas. I was not moving on without seeing him.

My dad and I separated to go try and start from the airport whilst i narrowed down some potential suspects to pick them up. I told Nodt and Porsche to cover my back whilst I slipped off to the hospital to see Vegas. He was bandaged and hooked to the ventilator when I saw him. Someone had definitely taken their anger out on him.

As I stood there watching him, I clenched my hands tightly, wishing death upon whomever it was once I found out who it was. But just as that thought flitted throguh my head, something else struck me. I never saw P Kun when my dad was telling me about Macau. It was his son, yet he wasn't around?!

Something about this struck me as very odd and I called my dad as I made my way out, silently promising to see to the end of this.