Vegas

I stirred awake with flashes of Macau being grabbed right in front of my eyes whizzing past!

I sat up abruptly, wincing in pain but desperately wanting to get to Macau. I found myself in a hospital room, hooked up with wires attached to me, Macau's face coming into my view.

"Macau!"

Macau threw himself onto me sobbing. I cradled my brother's head affectionately, wincing from the sudden hug but I was happy to see that Macau was ok. But how did he? Confusion colored my face as Macau broke away from the hug. He filled me on everything that had happened and I grew angrier knowing my father had finally touched the one person I always cared about.

Macau held onto my hand and patted it gently sharing on what Kinn had done, how my dad wasn't staying in the minor manor anymore and how Kinn had insisted that Macau stay with them. I took it in quietly just wondering where Kinn was. Just then, he came in, dressed in a beige sweatshirt, jeans and a pair of glasses. Macau decided to give us some time alone and left the room with Porsche and Nodt.

I just looked at Kinn, wondering how to break the ice.

"How do you feel?"

"Crappy but I survive."

"Hmm okays. The doctor said you can be discharged on Friday. I come pick you up."

"It's ok. I be fine. Macau is here. My security is here. I be ok. Don't trouble yourself."

"It's not.. "

"Thank you for saving him. But don't get in any deeper than this."

"You and I have slept together. We couldn't get any closer than this. Why do you keep pushing me away?"

"I'm not used to people being close to me. The current track record is zero. My dad tried to kill me, pimp his younger son out and doesn't care about anything but himself. You really think I would let anyone else get close to me?"

"Vegas."

"You should go Kinn. I'm thankful for your help. In the future I will help you back. But let's keep it that way. Don't get any closer. Us sleeping together also doesn't mean anything. It's just sex."

Kinn's face hardened when he heard that. He just took a step back and left. Macau came in minutes later, demanding on what exactly I had told Kinn and why did he leave so pissed.

I just kept quiet, my thoughts wallowing me. But I was determined not to let anyone else get close to me plus knowing what I wanted to do to my father, wouldn't exactly earn me brownie points with anyone.

I didn't see Kinn at all after that. I was discharged on Friday and both Macau and I went home. Once we got home, Macau surprised me with tickets to Bali, Canggu specifically and said we were flying off on Sunday for a week. I hadn't told Macau of my plans then and so I knew Kinn had been behind this.

The trip to Canggu was perfect, the perfect ode to all of the shit that had happened recently. Macau said everything had been planned to a T and we didn't need to do anything else. We stayed in a nice villa, did all kinds of nice activities, swam, soaked up the sun and basically enjoyed alot of bonding time together as brothers.

I didn't even have to pull out my wallet as everything always seemed paid for. We flew back to Thailand a week later and then Macau had to go back to Uni. I made him promise he will stay safe and sent increased protection with him. He nodded and promised to be back 6 months later for Christmas.

I nodded and was driving back home from the airport when I reached home and saw Kinn going out. I just watched as he strode off, barely glancing at me. I sighed. I had this coming. I was the one who wanted it this way.

I went into my house and did some work before calling it a night. Kinn's father had invited me for dinner. I had declined but he insisted so I found myself for dinner with him but no Kinn in sight. Just as we wrapped dinner up, Kinn came back with a guy hanging off his arms. I didn't say anything and just kept quiet.

They went up to his room with the guy giggling away and throwing himself all over Kinn. I bade goodbye to Kinn's dad and left. But just as I was walking out of the hall, I couldn't help but my thoughts kept straying to Kinn who was upstairs with that dude and I realized it annoyed the shit out of me, knowing that Kinn was prolly sleeping with him.

Against my will, I found myself heading to Kinn's room as quietly as possible and knocked on the door. A little while later, Kinn opened the door but he was still fully dressed and the guy nowhere in sight.

"What do you want?"

"I... er.. I thought you had someone up here?"

'Sun? He left earlier. He's going to a party."

"Oh, I... wanted..I thought he.."

"You want his number? Sure. But he's not cheap. I tell you."

"No. That's not why I asked. I..you..he.."

Kinn narrowed his eyes at me. "It shouldn't matter to you if he slept with me or not."

I sighed. I knew I had bust it with Kinn and behaving like this now wasn't helping.

"Kinn. Look I'm.."

"Save it Vegas. Please. You don't have to do this. It doesn't matter anyway. It's just sex, remember?"

With that, Kinn shut the door on me.

Make that, slamming the door and I had nobody to blame but myself.