A/N

Hello my lattes! This is Lehua and I'll be entering the Open Novella Contest for the second year with my entry, Excalibur!

This novella is mainly based on prompt #16: The world did not end in a bang, or a whisper, but rather, one scream at a time.

The following prompts listed will also be woven into the main plot:

#9: There's an urban legend that's been circulating for years about a taxi cab that doesn't take you where you want to go, but where you need to go. One night, you stepped into this cab.

#13: You were at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and now you're running for your life!

#18: You step through a magic portal thinking it's the way back home, but what you find isn't what you expected.

#29: When you touch a mirror, it ripples like water. You dive in.

#35: Some things trigger hazy visuals to appear in front of your eyes. Slowly you discover they are glimpses of your past life where you were murdered in cold blood and you get the taste of betrayal every time.

#69: I had a marvelous time ruining everything.

#75: You have a family heirloom, it's been passed way long before anyone can remember. You inherited this object and discover its secret. This secret will twist your life and change it forever.

If you ever see any grammatical errors or have constructive criticism to give, then go ahead and point them out in a comment. I appreciate any advice given.

Thank you for being here and I hope you enjoy this story!

[Note: If you're reading this after April 2, 2023 then Excalibur is now on its way into becoming a novel!]