Chapter 1

Elena

"Dad I don't understand what is going on. Who is that man following me around in black" I banged open the door and stormed in. My Dad was seated at his office chair reading on his never ending history books which I don't have interest or care to know about. His black coffee sizzling hot by the side. I was filled up with rage.

I was expecting him to be alarmed at my outburst yet he wa seated calmly, he bookmarked the book and dropped it gently by the side before focusing on me. I was on the verge of bursting. "He's your new bodyguard"

"I know exactly. But when did all these started? Why the need of a bodyguard?" I literally don't know why he assigned me a bodyguard. Jaxon has been an earful enough. If only I was a carefree person like every normal person. Okay, not like I was deprived of anything but I was known. People know me not only as a popular interior designer but the Ambassador's daughter. How would that get any better for me.

He stood up and walked his way towards me. My Dad is not a young man but he's someone I admire. He has that young aura lurking around him. "Because it is for your own good. The time for the election is near. I don't want you going around anyhow without a protection. I hired the best in the city. He has a very good profile. Outstanding and calm" In as much as I listened to him naming out the man's quality, I didn't fail to roll my eyes.

"That isn't my concern Dad. I've been perfectly fine all these while. I don't need anyone watching over me. Jaxon will be back in a few days. He will do that. And don't tell me that man covering his face like a serial killer will follow me around" What he said next made my heart pick up it pace with beating. I have forgotten about the lie to make up before coming back home. "Thought you were going to get a package? Were you able to get it?"

Every joint of me was alerted. "Um..Yes..I was able to get the package. I dropped it at my office on my way back" I blamed my head for stuttering at the beginning. Dad is a good observer. If I'm not extra careful he will see right through me. I masked it up with a smile. "Stop worrying Dad. I'm safe as you can see"

"Your Dad will not be at peace in as much as the elections are on"

"Seriously Dad. I don't need a bodyguard. Did you even see the way he was all rude to me? No Dad. Cancel this bodyguard thing" with that, I turned around to leave when his next work made me halt on my step.

"Oh you guys met already?" His eyes held curiosity. I bite my bottom lip. Only if he didn't poke his nose in matters that doesn't concern him. If only he didn't see me and Nick.

"Yes. We met outside" I exclaimed. "Dad I don't need a bodyguard. I can keep protect myself. I'm not a child"

"I'm not going back on my word. His name is Victor. Get along with him"

I didn't care how he'd take it, I stormed out of the office, the same way I entered shutting the door with a loud thud. Victor? He doesn't look a bit like his name. There's no way in hell I will get along with him.

He thinks he can scare me off with his mere threats. Just because he saw me with Nick doesn't mean I will succumb to him. But then again, I was taken aback when he said he has the evidence that will expose Nick. He was brave enough to say that. He doesn't expect me to believe him.

"Are you going to stand there staring into space" My Mom's face brought me back from the trance. She was holding a bowl of what I don't know towards the dining table that was already filled up with all sort of food. Sometimes I used to think all the food we cook in the house is too much. Like, it's just the three of us excluding Jaxon. Dad doesn't eat that much. Sometimes I get busy with work that I eat out before coming back home. Unless the maids wants to take it  to their family.