Chapter 5

Elena

"Can you stop laughing already" I hissed at my friend Stacy. I should have known better telling her about my encounter with the crazy man will bring me nothing but a laughing stock from her.

"Okay, I will. But-" She burst again this time around the sound of her laughter was louder than before. Great. Who enjoys jokes better than Stacy. I didn't spare her another glance and focus my attention on my work. I haven't been giving it my full focus. I have a pending project yet to complete. And the client is very much important to me.

"I'm sorry. I won't laugh again"

"If you like laugh till tomorrow. You can even go and meet him so you could make fun of me together" I don't really mind whether he would hear us from behind the door. He was still sticky like yesterday. As if his lifeline depends on guarding me.

"But seriously Elena you called that hot man ugly?"

"Why not? He's ugly to me. I can't pretend" the fact that he thought too highly of himself made me look at him more ugly. "And I will add he's too cool"

Stacy blinked her eyes twice. "I don't understand. What wrong with being cool. Isn't Nick cool also? Talking about Nick, how is he?"

"He's good" I replied shortly.

"Good? Why do I sense something here" Stacy doesn't like Nick that much. If she found out the amount of money I gave him she will lecture me on why I didn't take the right decision. Stacy is my best friend but also like a sister to me. As an only child to my parents, sometimes I yearned for a brother figure or a sister figure.

Stacy is like one to me. We've been friends since kindergarten. Doing and sharing everything together. I take every decision of mine based on her opinion. However, Nick's case was different. Just because she doesn't like him doesn't mean I will turn my back on him. I love him. And I'm ready to do anything for our love. Nick himself isn't left out.

"There's nothing wrong. He's in Italy. He's lying low"

"And you believed him?" Her question came as surprise to me. I dropped my pen and turned to her. "What do you mean I believed him? Is that supposed to be a red flag from you?"

"I don't know but I feel like the rumors are true"

"Please Stacy. I'm in no mood for your lectures. I trust Nick and know he won't do anything illegal. You're just being like this because you don't like him" I didn't mean to lash out on her but sometimes she goes overboard whenever it comes to Nick and I.

"I'm sorry if what I said hurts you. I'm just worried. You know your father doesn't know and your brother doesn't want you together with him" I nodded my head. Probably I know that so well. Jaxon has never liked Nick a bit. He once warned me to be careful. One thing they don't know Nick is someone that accepted and love me and my flaws.

"Don't worry Stacy. I know you're worried because you care about me. When everything is over, I will inform father. I'm sure he won't object when I tell him I'm ready to settle down. That's what they have been wanting from me right" I said with a wink. Stacy chuckled out in return.

"This girl you're too bad. Jaxon is coming back today right. Aren't you going to pick him up?" Okay, Stacy changed the topic on purpose. She had a crush on my brother for as long as I could remember but too afraid to express her feelings.

I tried to push her into confessing but all to no avail. I don't blame her. My brother has that no nonsense face. One of the reasons why she doesn't want to confess. Fearing rejection. But there's no harm in trying.

"Just say you missed him and can't wait to see him" I teased.

"Me? No. I was just saying" She rolled her eyes turning her face to the other side. I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction.