Chapter 8

Elena

If someone tells me I will be getting married within the month, I will definitely laugh it off their face. Like I might add up with insult. Now that same thing is happening to me. I'm getting married. Not to the man I love. The man we planned our future together. But to my bodyguard. Who I barely know. Who knows maybe he's a serial killer.

I tried to tell myself that it's not going to happen that everything was just a dream. But my family proved me wrong. They were actually looking forward to it. Most especially my mother. As for father, he didn't mention anything to me again. He knew he's my weakness. He knew I can't bare to see anyone of them in pain. How I'm putting my love at bay to make my father happy.

I've lost all hopes again. I couldn't get through Nick. I'm so worried about him and more worried about breaking his heart. It's going to be a one year contract but that one year is a long time. One way or the other I have to get a hold of Nick and explain everything to him. But how?

My calls are not getting through and my messages are all left unread. "Hello young lady" No one other than Stacy. I could only force out a smile not having the strength to giddy up.

"Why are you here instead of preparing for the wedding" As the words slipped out of her mouth, it made me looked at her.

"I can't believe you're telling me this"

"What do you want me to say to you then. To run away from home?"

I let out an annoyed chuckle my heart itching just by thinking about the situation. "I would do that if I have the chance"

Her brows creased in confusion. "You mean to tell me you had the thought? And go where exactly" She adjusted her sitting position intertwining her hands on my desk.

"To Nick" I said in one breath.

"You must be crazy" She retorted back.

I raked my hand through my hair. "Yes I am. I'm crazy. Crazy in love. I can't seem to get this out of my head. This is me cheating on Nick. He doesn't deserve all this. Had it been I was able to get through him, I will explain everything to him. We'll fight it together. Like we've always done" I didn't realize I was in tears until it dipped on my hand.

"Are you done?" Stacy started after a moment of silence was maintained with me trying to collect myself and my emotions.

"Let me tell you one thing. Forget Nick" Eyes on one another, I stared at her in shock. Did she just say that to me. She freaking wants me to forget Nick. I was expecting her to comfort me but instead she's doing the opposite. Anger rose in me.

"Okay. Please leave. I don't think we should be friends anymore" I said standing up while ushering her to leave.

"Come and make me. In fact you can call the security guard. I'm not leaving here. Until I talk some sense into you. Because it seems like you're not in your right state of mind"

"I'm in my right state of mind Stacy" I corrected. I know what I'm saying and doing. "Put yourself in my shoes and you will understand what I'm trying to say. How would you feel seeing Jaxon with another woman. Will you be happy?" She casted her head down.

"See. You won't be. That's exactly what I'm feeling down here" I placed my index finger on my chest. I don't know but I feel like the heart is beating abnormally.

"I understand what you mean Elena" She sat up and rounded to my desk placing both her hands on my shoulder. "Let's sit there" She took a hold of my hand and lead us to the office sofa.

"Now I want you to breath in and out"

"I don't-"

"Just do as I say" I rolled my eyes before doing as she said. "Again"

I repeated it for the second time. "Good. Now listen to me. I don't want you to interfere in whatever I'm going to tell you. Wait till I'm done then you rant. That's if I want to listen to it" I couldn't help but chuckle at the way she said it.

"Okay boss"

"So first I want you to know that me and you are not going to go separate ways. Don't think I don't care about you. You know I won't advice you on something bad. But sometimes you need to think about your life. I'm not saying this because I don't like you with Nick. I want you to open your eyes to reality. Nick is not a husband material. I don't see a future of you two together"

"And sorry to say but I have my doubt on him. He doesn't look like someone who is truthful. You just have to open your eyes. You're not doing the wrong thing by getting married. You wouldn't want to wait for him your whole life. When will he be back? You have no idea. We might not know Victor's motive. But for someone to go to the extent to marry you, that person isn't an unserious person"

Okay, maybe she had talk some sense into me. I know Nick is not the perfect boyfriend for me. I tend to have the negativity sometimes. Knowing my parents might not approved of him but I still held on to my love. "Let me even ask you a question" Stacy broke me out of my trance.

"Does he love you as much as you do? I mean for you to take all the risk for him"

I won't say I was expecting the question from her. I had asked myself the same question. Does he love me the same way I love him? Deep down I know that's not the case. I know my love is greater than his. I just didn't want to accept it openly.

I heaved out a sharp breath. "What do you want me to do now?"

"Get married to Victor"

"What?" I said almost immediately. Stacy nodded her head in answer. "Yes. You heard me right. Think of it as fulfilling your father's only wish. After all it's a one year contract. Before you know it, time will run out and you will be out of the knot"

*

After I left office back home, I kept thinking about what Stacy said. To take my mind off things, I took a walk to our garden with a cup of coffee. I still had slight hope that I will be able to get through Nick. But received the same response. I sigh in defeated. "Having trouble sleeping?" Victor's voice sounded from behind me.

I didn't say anything instead sip my coffee while continuing pressing on my phone. "He won't come back" He said again. This time around, he slide down next to me, a bit close that got my heart...

Wait... What am I saying? No way. Never.

"Mind your business" I answered shifting back to create space between us.

"One of my flaws is not minding my business. Want to join me?" My eyes traveled from his stretched out hands containing a can drink. "Enjoy it by yourself. And I would like it if you leave. I don't want any disturbance right now"

"That's my second nickname. Victor slash disturbance" A chuckle almost escaped me but I held it in. I'm never going to show him my smile.

"Good for you then" And then silence. I would say both of us with the thought in mind. I tried calling Nick's number once again.

"I've said it before he's not coming back. He cheated you"

"Shut up! You know nothing so shut the hell up"

"What if I don't want to?"

"Wow" I literally fanned myself at his audacity. He doesn't have a bit of fear in his eyes. I might add he had that dangerous eyes. But I won't be moved by that.

"I know what I'm saying. I have a concrete evidence to prove to you that your boyfriend cheated you. Which was why you couldn't get through his phone. Get that into that tiny skull of yours"

Wait...What? He called me a tiny skull?

"You-" He grabbed the finger I pointed at him twisting it making me to let out a wince. I stared at him in shock. "We're going to get married soon. Tomorrow to be precise. So be nice"

"What if I don't want to?" I threw back same way he did to me few minutes ago.

He inched his face closer to me to the extent that I could feel his breath fanning my face. Did I mention my heart did a flip. I clutched my dress tightly as his hand began moving to my face. He pinned my hair behind my ear. "You have no choice but to go by my books baby girl " And he stood up and left leaving me in a dumbfounded state.