Chapter 3

Elena

The tension in the room was as thick as a metal rod as Victor burned his gaze on me. That somehow made me appear little before him with his tall figure towering over mine. You won't call me short but he was tall enough to surpass my height. "Do you know you have a way of pissing people off with that smile of yours?" I said getting irritated at the smile on his face. I'm sure he is cooking something bad beneath the smile.

"I will take that as a compliment. However, it won't change the fact that I'm only doing my job" He uttered as cool as he can. That made my inside boiled more. The fact that he's taking the bodyguard thingy serious.

I stepped forward wrapping my arms across my chest, staring straight into his eyes which I found dangerous. "I have the final say whether you will keep this job or not"

"Point of correction Mì Lady, I will be the one to decide whether to leave or stay" Our eyes on one another, I wasn't sure whether the man standing in front of me is purely evil or he chose to misbehave with me. Probably because of what he saw the other night.

I leaped forward leaving barely more than three inch between us. Pushing my index finger at him. "Just because you saw me with Nick the other night doesn't mean you can threaten me however you like. Stay within your limits. I-"

I didn't get to finish my statement when he grabbed my index finger twisting it a bit. I didn't fail to let out a wince. "I will advice you to cool off your hot blood. I'm not hard to work with. Your money or bluff won't move me or make me change my mind. Get some rest. You must be stressed out" if there's one thing that happened to me at that moment was the anger that boiled in me.

"I'm sure you're sick in the head. The person who needs to cool off his blood is you not me. You can't fucking threaten me!" I said out loud while he marched his way out.

"He must be insane. I should cool off my hot blood?" An annoyed chuckle escaped me as I fanned myself with my palms. "I can't believe father wants this crazy man to watch over me. No. Never" With that, I stormed out of the room. I don't think I will be able to stay in it. Because I might make a mess of the room.

I was anticipating sunrise so I could vent out my anger on father. I'm not going to accept him as my bodyguard. Not after what he said last night. I went to his study room direct because he always warm up in his study room before he take his breakfast and took off to the company. "Father..." My words trailed off when a pair of two eyes attacked me. Victor.

What the hell!

"What's wrong Elena?" Father asked.

I went straight to the point. "Him" I pointed at Victor who was wearing a cool face as usual. "I can't accept him as my bodyguard. He has no manners"

"I don't think that will be a problem. Because you lack one yourself"

"What?" I uttered disbelievingly. Did he just say I lack manners?

"Elena I know what you want to say. I thought we're done discussing. Victor isn't complaining. He'd be the one to do all the work. Guarding you and all"

"Of course I will complain father. I'm not a small kid. Nothing will happen to me" I exclaimed spreading my hands in the air. The two men shared a look. Somehow, I found it suspicious.

Victor sat up. "I will take my leave now Sir" He said. A pair of strong hand grabbed my arm pulling me away. "What the hell are you doing!"

He pulled the door open and pushed me out. "What the hell is wrong with you!" I seethe throwing him a glare.

"Meet me outside" And he left. He fucking left. Like what just happened Elena.

"Meet me outside" I repeated. "I'm convinced now, that guy is not okay in the head"