Chapter 13

Elena

My inside was consumed with anger. All for Victor. I didn't plan on crying but thinking about his laughter left me with no choice. He was practically making fun of me. He's seeing me as a joke. Everyone is. I thought father will take my side when I told him about what Victor did by bringing me to this cheap house but all what he said was. "Hang in there Elena. He will protect you" that word had tainted my brain since that time. Which was why I got angry and brought some home appliances. I can't use his cheap stuffs.

I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around my body before making my way out. My heart skipped seeing Victor face to face with me. "What are you doing!" I yelled out clutching the towel to my chest. What a pervert.

He quickly turned over his back facing me. "I didn't know you were going to come out now"

A hiss found its way out of my lips. "Are you deaf. Can't you hear the sound of the shower getting turned off"

"The one who is deaf is you. And you were at fault. You know you were going to take a shower yet you didn't lock the door"

"You- Right" I rolled my eyes. I stormed inside the bathroom angrily that I forgot to lock the door. But that shouldn't give him the upper hand to misbehave with me.

"Are you going to stand there and watch me change. Move out" I ordered. He didn't move an inch which got me raising my brows. "Am I talking to a deaf man. I want to change. Kindly leave" I heard him heaved out a sigh before finally marching out.

"Crazy man" I exclaimed to the door as if he could see me.

Opening the wardrobe and I was met with an arrangement different from mine. Victor's clothes were side by side mine. "What the!"

I grabbed the clothes and was about to drop them on the floor when I stopped closing my eyes on the accord. Cut him some slack Elena. My inner voice ushered. If I'm going to allow him to share wardrobe section with me, we have to talk one on one. Basically everything in the house. I changed into a simple blouse, applied lotion to soothe my skin before making my way out.

The very first thing that attacked my nostrils was the aroma of something cooking. At that moment, my stomach decided to make its presence known. Well, I only ate sandwich and orange juice for lunch. Nothing special. I didn't tell you how the meeting went with Mrs. Jessica. All thanks to Larisa and Taylor for having my back always. They had to make up a good story to make her stay. That I was caught up in traffic at my new place. Had to trek all down to arrive at office.

Okay, it's not like it was all a lie. I did trekked. All thanks to Victor for messing up with me. I got a ride after I've gone far from the neighborhood. Forgot to add they told her I got married. The woman freaking shouted on my ears with congratulatory applauses. Up to the end of the meeting, she wouldn't stop giving telling me about how getting married early is the best choice to make.

I was brought back to reality by the sound of something falling. My legs charged towards the kitchen seeing smoke all over the place. "What are you doing" I said covering my mouth with my palms. All my the new kitchen utensils are on full display. Great. Just great Victor.

"Step back" Victor gestured like I will listen to him. All of a sudden the smoke disappeared as he sprayed something on the air.

"What is that?" I couldn't help asking. The corner of his lips twitched up. "It's use to prevent the smoke from spreading. And fret not, I'm not doing all this for my benefit. We can't starve to death can we?" the way he said it made me roll my eyes.

"I didn't say I want to eat together with you"

"We're not eating together. I'm cooking for us as you can see" He threw rendering me speechless.