CHAPTER FIVE, mix ups & mistletoes

(delaney's outfit for the first part of the chapter)

Christmas was just around the corner and Delaney was excited

Christmas was just around the corner and Delaney was excited. Christmas was her favorite holiday of the year. She loved decorating, making Gingerbread Houses, drinking hot cocoa, getting presents, and watching Christmas movies with loved ones. The sad thing about living Miami meant that they didn't any snow which sucked, but she still manages to have a good Christmas without snow.

Delaney was currently in the store with her friends, helping putting up some of the Christmas decorations along with Austin. Dez walks over to the two with a wide smile, holding up something. "Guess what I have?" 

The two best friends glance up at what he held, their eyes widening when they saw he held a mistletoe. Neither one noticed at the minute they were blushing. "Mistletoe?" Austin asked nervously.

Delaney grimaces, her face turning red. "Yeah." She clears her throat. "You can put that somewhere else, Dez." She and Austin quickly turned away from each other, busying themselves with the decorations. 

They couldn't help but glance at each other though, their faces turning more red and they look away quickly after seeing they both looked at each other. Her heart was racing and she tried to calm her nerves, but couldn't. What was going on? She couldn't deny she had a crush on Austin, but was her feelings developing to love? Did she really love him? Her heart told her yes. Her mind said it was impossible. They were just best friends. There's no way he would ever feel the same about her. She needed to stop thinking like that and focus on putting the decorations up.

"Mistletoe?" Dez glances at the mistletoe he held with furrowed eyebrows and then looks at his best friends. "I meant I have sweaty armpits. I'm working way too hard." He sets down the mistletoe and gets out a juice box from his pocket. "Break time." Austin and Delaney chuckled at their friend and looked over at the back door when they saw Trish walk in.

"Trish!" Austin smiles., walking over to Trish along with Delaney. "How'd your meeting at the toy company go?"

"Amazing. I have the prototype for this holiday season's hottest new toy." Trish grins, grabbing something from the brown bag she held. She holds a box with an doll that looked exactly like Austin. "The Austin Moon doll."

Austin gasps excitedly, grabbing the box from Trish and gets the doll out. "This is cool." 

"And check this out." Trish pressed the doll's stomach.

"I'm gonna make, make, make you do a double take. Bam!" The doll said and everyone looked at it with shock and excitement.

"Awesome." Austin laughs. His eyes widen and he glances at Trish hopefully. "Will they be ready by Christmas? I want to give them out at the kids club party."

"Yeah, these dolls are at the top of every kid's wish list." Ally explains from her place behind the counter. She picks up some letters from the kids. "Little Matthew wants an Austin doll. Little Hanna wants an Austin doll. Little Dez wants a-Little Dez?" She stopped in the middle of her sentence when she saw her friend's name and she glanced at the red-haired boy with confusion.