CHAPTER TWO, austin's & delaney's reunion

After Delaney got on a plane to the right place where her friends are at, she found out what rest stop they stopped at and decided to meet them there to surprise them. She was on the phone with Trish, pretending that she missed the plane when in reality she was walking around the corner to where Trish and Dez are standing. 

"Surprise!" She exclaimed once she stood by them.

Tris and Dez turn to face her with shocked expressions and they both scream. "Delaney, what are you doing here?" Trish asks excitedly. "I thought we were picking you up from the airport."

"I know, but I wanted to surprise you guys." Delaney grins and pulls Trish in for a hug. After the hug with Trish, she walks over to Dez with a smile on her face. "Hi, Dez!" She opened her arms to hug him, but he pointed at her dramatically and she furrowed her eyebrows with confusion.

Dez breaths heavily, shaking his head. "Don't sneak up on people like that." He threw his arms up in frustration. "What were you thinking? You scared the heck out of me." Delaney looks at him with concern and he shrugs. "Anyway." He smiles widely at Delaney and pulls her in for a hug. "Delaney, I missed you!"

Delaney chuckles and hugs him back. "Yeah, I missed you too." When they pull away from the hug, she looks around for Austin. "Where's Austin?"

"He's still asleep." Trish replied.

Dez grins. "Let's go sneak up on him and scare the heck out of him." 

Delaney pulls her suitcase with her as she and Trish follow Dez when he jogs over to the bus. They get on the bus and plan to scare Austin, but Austin was nowhere to be found on the bus. "If Austin isn't here, then where is he?" Trish inquired.

Delaney sighs, her shoulders dropping in defeat. "I wish I knew."

They all went back to the rest stop to try to find Austin. Trish asked around to see if anyone seen Austin while Delaney tried calling Austin, but she couldn't because she found out Austin left his phone on the bus. "I asked around and nobody's seen him." Trish frowns. "I looked everywhere. He's not here."

"Okay, that doesn't make sense." Delaney said with a look of confusion on her face. She points at Austin's phone she holds.  "Why would he not bring his phone with him?"

"Found 'em." Dez spoke as he walked back over to his friends with a grin on his face.

Delaney and Trish look at him with hopeful expressions. "You found Austin?" Delaney asked.

Dez shrugs. "I have no idea where he is." He holds up the bag of chips he has. "I found Crunchkins!" He grins. "The crunchiest cheese puffs in the world. They sell them at the vending machine here."

Trish gasps, taking the bag from him and threw it on the ground. She then steps on them so hard that it opened the bag and some chips fell out. Trish looked at Dez with a fake smile and with a deadpanned expression on his face, Dez held up another bag of Crunchkins. 

Dez raises his eyebrows. "I got two bags."

****

With no sign of Austin, the group were starting to get worried. Thankfully Austin's phone rang, but Delaney was confused when she didn't recognize the number. She answers it anyway in hopes of it being Austin. "Austin?" Trish and Dez quickly went over to her and leaned in to listen to the conversation. Delaney tried listening to what Austin was saying but she was having trouble since Dez was eating chips so loudly. 

Delaney lowers the phone, looking at Dez with annoyance. "Dez, just shut up, please." Dez looked at her just as he finished pouring some cheese puffs into his mouth. He looked at her with a sheepish expression as he ate the rest of the cheese puffs in mouth.