CHAPTER THREE, gold medal & museum

Soon enough the group were in Washington, DC, where they met up with Ally and Finn. Everyone was currently sleeping...That is until Austin rolled over and opened his eyes, catching himself before he could fall out of his bed when he saw what time it was. Austin ran over to the alarm clock, picking it up.

"Guys, guys, get up!" He shouts, setting the alarm clock down and turning to face his friends. "Come on, we're gonna be late for the ceremony!" That quickly woke everyone up and everyone was in a panic to get ready quickly. Besides Dez which confused Delaney. She thought he would just be as panicked as the rest of them.

"Austin, you can't be late today! This is a big deal!" Ally commented as she got out of bed the same time Trish climbed down from the top bunk above the bottom bunk Ally had slept in.

"I know!" Delaney agrees. "It's a once in a life time opportunity to get a teen role model award from the American parent association." 

"Yeah," Austin nods, putting a jacket over his red shirt he put on earlier. "And role models are always on time so let's go!" He said in an urgent voice, gesturing for them all to get dressed.

As Finn changes shirts, he looks over at Dez with furrowed eyebrows. "Dude, why aren't you getting ready?"

"Yeah, Dez, hurry up! We're gonna be late!" Trish told the red-head.

"Oh, no." Dez scoffs. "No, we're not." His friends stared at him with confusion.

Delaney was in mid reach to grab her shirt she was going to wear this day when he said that and she lowers her arm, turning to face him with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I changed the time on the clocks so there would be no way we'd oversleep." Dez smiled.

Austin's eyes widen and he exchanges a surprised look with Delaney before they both look at Dez. "What?" They both said in unison and then just Austin asks, "Wait, so it's not ten o'clock?" He then gestured at the alarm clock.

Dez chuckles. "Nope, it's four am." Delaney groans with annoyance, leaning her head back as she did so while Finn's shoulders drop in defeat, staring at Dez with disbelief. "You're welcome."

"Why would we ever be thankful for that?" Finn whined.

"We literally woke up for no reason at all." Delaney muttered, leaning her head on Finn's shoulders since he was the closest person to her and she then closed her eyes since she was tired.

"Great!" Ally said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Now I'm wide awake. There's no way I'll get back to sleep now."

"Yeah, me either." Austin sighed, finishing buckling the belt on his jeans he had put on before Dez told them all it wasn't ten o'clock.

Finn glances at Delaney with an amused smile. "Delaney could go back to sleep. In fact, she might already be asleep."

"Nah, I'm awake." Delaney spoke tiredly, not bothering to open her eyes. Austin smiled slightly, looking at her with a fond expression since he thought she was cute.

As Austin, Ally, and Trish walk into the kitchen, Finn gently nudges Delaney with his shoulder. "Laney, you up?"

"I'm up." Delaney lifted her head up reluctantly, rubbing her eyes tiredly, and she glanced at Finn with a small smile. He chuckled lightly, smiling back at her and the two of them walked into the kitchen where their friends were at getting breakfast. 

"I can't believe last night was the final night of your tour." Ally spoke.

"Yeah, I'm kinda sad." Austin admits with a frown as he pours some cereal into five bowls that Finn had grabbed and sat on the table. "My first tour is over."