a nightmare

Neytiri wailed as her, her husband and the survivors of the clan retreated inland towards the forest

In the distance, the spirit tree could be seen in flames, creating a smoke cloud that made day look like night.

Tisreya weakly moved through the trees in Aonungs arms, tears streaming down her face as she looked to her feet.

They had no time to mourn.

Spider and Aunong survived and were able to meet up with the Sullys after slipping past the RDA.

Tonowari and Ronal were gone, and their infant child was in the hands of the RDA along with Kiri and Rotxo.

Jake looked back at the burning village, guilt filling his heart as he turns back to the people, slowly following behind.

He wondered what they could possibly be doing with Kiri and why they'd take her off planet.

He slumps his head down, the fact that he failed to protect his daughter was starting to sink in, causing the tears to flood in.

Jake was grateful that Rotxo jumped in at the last minute, at least she wouldn't be alone.

Clenching his fist, he promises himself to regroup and go after her, and if he's too late, at least find out why they have her.

~

A painful wail could be heard from the dark metal halls of the air ship. Regaining consciousness, Kiri's eyes flutter open to see a bright white light shining down on her.

She sits up, raising her hand to block the light from her eyes, then looks down to her other arm, handcuffed to the hospital bed.

She looks around towards the source of the screaming, and widens her eyes in horror as she sees Quaritch and his goons through a window to the next room, torturing Rotxo with electrical shocks to his head, while they beat his restrained body.

"We ain't never had no Metkayina back on earth, you'll be worth a fortune-" he said with pride, happy that his operation ended up going so smoothly.

Rotxo's face was bruised up, blood ran down his lip from his nose and one of his eyes were swelled.

"NO! Leave him alone! Stop it demon!" Kiri screamed, pulling on the chain that kept her tied to the bed.

He pulls away from the boy to turn to Kiri, smirking as he threw the controller for the shocking device on the table.

"And as for you, you're going to make me so rich I'll be able to buy a new human body." He spoke in hyperbole, or at least Kiri assumed.

"What do you want with us?! Where is the baby??" She hissed, desperately pulling on her restraints.

Rotxo took deep and heavy breaths, it seemed like that was his first break from the torture after hours and hours.

He lifted his head slowly, giving Quaritch a dirty look before looking to Kiri with desperation. "MyKiri-" he cried, trying to breath steadily.