we're not in kansas anymore

Emergency alarms and alerts emanated through the ship as Natalie quickly worked the controls to troubleshoot

"Goddamnit, I told you guys this was a prototype-" She bangs onto the control dash in frustration and leaned back into her chair, "The tunnel engine is fried."

Jesse did his best to help her and turn off as many alarms as he could before unbuckling his seatbelt and floating out of his seat.

"C'mon, let's go look." He pushes himself towards the Na'vi by the window to get a closer look of the planet.

Natalie sighs and rubs her head, debating whether she regretted the decision to help Lyonne by sending Ben at the last moment.

She knew staying in his place meant a one way ticket to Pandora, and that going contradicted with her strive to save the Earth rather than abandon it, and yet she still did it and couldn't figure out why.

"Fine." She sighs, unbuckling herself and floating towards the window, joining the group.

"Is that where you and Momma were born?" Uzute asked, pointing down towards the ocean beaches he recognized from pictures shown to him back on Earth.

Rotxo softly chuckled with a smile, tears welling up in his eyes from the relief of finally coming home.

"No bubs, Dad was but your mama was born in the forest, she was of the Omatikayn people, and I was a member of the Metkayina on the ocean." He explained to the boy as he awed at the big blue and green planet.

Kiri smiled at the two, excited to see what normal life would look like with her found family on Pandora.

She floats towards the two, humming as she felt Rotxo's arm wrap around her waist and pull her towards them.

Rotxo plants a kiss on her head, to which her freckles pulse again.

He looks her up and down, admiring the tiny lights that scattered over her skin, "I missed that.." he says, lifting his eyes back up to meet hers.

She smiles back at him with a soft chuckle, resting her hand on his cheek, "I see you."

Rotxo's smile grows as he rests his forehead onto hers, "I see you."

Only a couple feet away at the next window, Jesse clears his throat and turns to Natalie, "Hey uhm, thank you..you know for-"

Her head quickly turns to him, "For what? Stranding myself on a planet millions of light years away from my home?? Not everyone just wants to abandon OUR home!" She snaps, even gaining Rotxo, Kiri and Uzute's attention.

The boy gulped and stands his ground, glancing down at his hands before looking back up at her, "For saving us.."

Natalie let's a heavy sigh before rubbing her eyes, now she felt bad.

"I'm.. look- let's just find a way down to the planet okay?" Her voice softens, almost like her voice was trying to apologize but her words weren't.

He gives her a steady nod and follows as she makes her way back to the controls, turning on the auxiliary thrusters to navigate.