the nepotism baby

Jesse followed Ben around the compound like a lost puppy, talking to him through the windshield of the helicopter that was currently fueling up

"No kid, the doc chewed me out last time, you gotta stay home for this one," Ben stated, wiping his sweaty forehead with a small towel.

"Please! This one's really important!" He pleaded, stepping onto the heli step.

Ben sighs, putting his hand out and gently pushing him back down, "Exactly, I can't have you getting in the way curls. Stay here, look after the Na'vi and just stay out of trouble, okay? I'll be gone for two hours tops."

The boy rolls his eyes and steps back, putting his hands up in defeat, "Fine fine, bring me back something cool?"

"I got you-" Ben unplugged the hose and closed the cap before hopping into the helicopter and giving Jesse a nod.

He steps back as the engine starts and and leaves towards the guest house area to talk to the others.

Jesse covers his face as the wind from the helicopter blows him against the door, he frantically knocks as he tries his best to keep his hat from flying away.

He turns back to Ben and throws him the bird from a distance, "You could've let me get inside, ass!"

Ben devilishly laughs and waves as the helicopter lifts off, disappearing behind the clouds.

Finally, the door opens to reveal Rotxo, Kiri and Uzute could be seen behind him on the couch looking over to see.

They all wore oversized human clothes, Rotxo rocked the undershirt with sweatpants, Kiri the same but a cropped tang top and Uzute wore a matching grey sweat suit.

"What happened to you?" Rotxo asks with a raised eyebrow.

Jesse stood there with his clothes a grassy mess and his curly hair blown out and tangled with pieces of grass.

"Bennie just left, thought I'd come and check on you guys," he shrugged.

Rotxo grinned and moved out of the way, putting his enormous hand on the boys head before pulling him inside.

"Hey!" He laughed as Uzute chuckled at the interaction. Kiri stood up and greeted him, ruffling his hair to get the grass out, "You remind me of monkey boy." She chuckles.

Jesse slaps her hands away like a cat and straightens out his clothes, "Monkey boy?" He questions as he picks up the grass and throws it in the trash.

"He was a human friend of ours on Pandora."

Rotxo walks back over to the couch and plops down right next to Uzute, who stretched out onto his lap.

The older Na'vi rolled his eyes at the thought of Spider, the one thing he didn't miss.

"He grew up with us back home, even painted himself blue every once in a while," Kiri continues with a giggle.

"What like blueface? Sounds like a wannabe. Doing that's called racism where I come from.." Jesse retorted with an awkward scratch the the neck, earning a smirk from Rotxo.