the way back

Despite their exciting and physically demanding night, Rotxo and Kiri woke up early, mainly to be ready when the girl wakes up

It was 6:00am and everyone but Uzute was already gathered in the medical wing, the air was tense. Dr. Lyonne was checking her vitals once again just to be sure.

Jesse couldnt help but notice Kiri and Rotxo blatantly whispering and flirting with each other by the coffee, he tilted his head and approached reaching for a cup. "You guys look like Jim and Pam-"

Kiri and Rotxo's eyes turn to Jesse with innocent and confused expressions, "What is a Pam?"

"Like slim-jim?" Rotxo added.

The boy sighs and shakes his head, "No- old show, didn't you guys have TV on the ship? That's what Rumlow told us." He says, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

Rotxo shakes his head as he rests his arm around Kiri's waist, "We had movies, what is TV? Is it TV inside another TV?"

Kiri quickly nodded in agreement, glancing between the two, "Yes, TV-seption."

Jesse's side eye was so bombastic it couldn't have possibly been put into words, he could tell the both of them we're nervous.

Suddenly his eyes widened in realization as he subtly pointed to the two, "You totally fucked last night."

"Language!" Kiri yelps, Rotxo gasps and chokes on his coffee.

Jesse ducks his head and looks back, "Jesus-"

Dr. Lyonne's head snaps to the group by the coffee and Kiri hushes her voice back down to a whisper. "Language.."

"We did not!" Rotxo fruitlessly lies, wiping his mouth with a napkin from the table.

Jesse tilts his head with an unimpressed look and responds, taking a sip of his coffee, "Sure."

"Jesse!" Lyonne calls from the monitors.

The boy turns back and nods, "Comin-"

"You know I don't like you drinking coffee, you're young and still developing." She reaches her hand out for the coffee, like a mom.

Jesse's cheeks burn with embarrassment as he sighs and makes his way to her. Kiri and Rotxo quietly snicker behind him, just adding to the embarrassment, "Goddamn smurfs." He whispers.

He hands the cup to her and she takes it, immediately taking a sip.

"UH?"

Kiri and Rotxo start laughing much louder, even leaning over the table to try and hold it in.