Chapter 10

"Liam," a voice pulled Liam from his sleep as a hand gently shook his shoulder. He could feel Niall's body pressed against his own, still breathing deeply as he slept. Carefully, Liam sat up, not wanting to wake the boy.

"Shh..." Liam bid his mother. He led her gently outside, leaving the door open so he could both hear and see Niall if he woke up.

His mom raised an eyebrow, but followed him. Once outside, she put a hand on her hip, and Liam knew she was demanding an answer. He sighed deeply.

"Mum, that was Niall," He introduced.

"The 'just a friend' who isn't Harry?" She prompted.

Liam nodded, understanding what his mother was implying. He was sure he had looked pretty cozy all curled up to Niall, and he knew that he spent a lot of time around Harry and that His mom had always said that the two got along much too well for Liam to be entirely straight. She had always hinted that she thought Liam was gay, and in her eyes, this would be proof.

"Hrs just a friend mom. I literally met him yesterday." He.admitted. His mother looked rather confused.

"If you only meet him yesterday, why was he already sleeping in your bed?" She quizzed. Niall looked like a nice boy, But Liam needed to be careful who he let hang around him.

Liam sighed deeply, not wanting to spill his friends secrets to his mother. "He's just going through a rough time right now mum."

Liam's mom frowned. "But if you hardly know him, why are you the one comforting him? Shouldn't one of his friends do that?"

Liam bit his lip, not knowing what To tell his mother. "I...saw something he didn't want anyone to see."

Liam's mom raised an eyebrow. "From the way you worded that,Either he is gay, he smokes, or he does drugs."

Liam shook his head sadly. "It's none of those things. But Harry does think I kissed him."

His mum raised an eyebrow. "Why on Earth is Harry under that impression?"

Liam smiled at the thought. "Niall and I told Harry and Louis that because I wasn't about to spill his secret and they wouldn't leave us alone."

"Louis?" His mom raised an eyebrow. "The Louis that Harry will not shut up about?"

Liam nodded. "Yeah. That's him. He's Niall's best friend and Harry is over at his house."

Liam's mum shook her head. "I swear, teenage drama is the worst."

Liam laughed softly. "Yeah. But can I get back to Niall? I don't want him to wake up alone in a room he's never been in."

His mom nodded. "Sure. I have to leave for work, but I figured I should talk to you about him first."

Liam nodded and walked back into his room, shutting his door softly. He crawled back into bed, lying beside Niall. The boy was so beautiful, even when he was sleeping. Unable to resist the urge, Liam reached over and gently stroked Niall's hair. It was soft beneath his fingertips and He loved the feel of it. He watched carefully as Niall's eyelids fluttered in a way that would make even the most resilient hearts melt. He smiled as he watched the boy sleep, however creepy it may seem. Niall was beautiful, and if looking at him meant that Liam would be called creepy, he would deal with that. He continued to stroke Niall's hair gently as the boys eyes fluttered open. This time they remained open, and Liam was able to stare into the revealed beauty of his bright blue eyes. It broke his heart to see how little life was behind those eyes, how little happiness shone through them. Niall smiled slightly, but was soon frowning again.