Chapter 11

Liam stretched as he got up from his bed. Niall was still laying there, texting Louis from his own phone about Harry and how their night had gone. There was a big smile plastered on his face. He seemed so happy, and Liam couldn't bring himself to break that happiness. But it was time for school.

"Niall, you have to get up, its almost time for school." He insisted gently. He sounded like a mother talking to a wounded child and almost winced at how demeaning his voice sounded.

Niall stood, still staring at his phone. He had fallen asleep in the same clothes He had worn the day before, including the shoes, and the entire ensemble was wrinkled with spots of blood dotting the fabric that had seeped from his wrists as he slept. He was smiling slightly at his phone and typed out a quick message before looking up fron the screen and tucking the phone in his pocket.

"I'm skipping today. Lou wants to talk." Niall pulled on his hoodie which was lying on the edge of the bed. It was free of stains, And actually covered both his wrists and stained clothing with alarming success.

Liam watched him. He wasn't sure he wanted Niall to be alone today, Not after seeing hi, so broken. But Louis was a good friend, He would take care of Niall. "Does Louis know?"

Niall stopped and looked at Liam. He slowly shook his head. "No. Please don't tell him."

Liam s eyes softened. Niall looked so vulnerable at that moment. He knew it was probably not a very good idea to keep Nialls secret a secret since it meant he would be able to continue with his harmful habits. But somwthing told Liam that telling Louis wouldn't help anything, that it would only make Niall more likely to do it in the future.

"I won't. But you jave to come over again tonight. My mom wants to meet you." Liam wasn't lying about his mom wanting to meet Niall, but he also wanted Niall over so he wouldn't try to hurt himself again. He was just always so protective like that.

Niall hesitated, but he nodded. "Okay,"

Liam smiled and patted his back. "Then I'll see you tonight. You can come over as soon as school is over."

Niall frowned. "What about Harry?"

Liam frowned. He had forgotten about the curly haired boy and he knew that Harry would not be happy to be banished for yet another day. And sending him to Louis' house would be an imposition on Louis' hospitality, not to mention probably a bit of an overload for the boy who had been pining after Louis for so long. Harry needed him jist as much as Niall did, and he had known Harry linger, he should probably take precedence. But Niall was...special. Liam knew Niall needed him, and that withdrawing his invitation on Harry's behalf would not be wise. He bit his lip, trying to come up with a solution.

"I get it if you don't want me to come. Its no big deal." Niall picked up his backpack from the ground and slung it over his sholder, turning away.

"No, Niall, you're coming over. I'll talk to Harry about it. You may have to deal with him as well, but I'm not gonna leave you alone." Liam insisted. "Just come over after school. I'll have something worked out."

Niall nodded. He loved that Liam actually cared enough to try and work something out, even if he wasn't sure that His mum would be all too happy with him spending more time with a boy she had never met. She had a tendency to be a bit overprotective. Not observant enough to notice the scars, but protective all the same.

"I'll be here," He muttered as he walked out the door. Because what choice did he really have? If he were to deny Liam, He would be angering someone who held a secret that he really didn't want revealed. And if someone holds your deepest secret, it's best not to give them reason to reveal it.