Chapter 15

"Are you alright?" An unfamiliar voice broke throigh Nialls sobs and he scrambled away from the noise in fright. It was dark in the park by now, and he didn't want to be mugged. He wasn't sure how long he had been sitting here crying, but it must have been a while if it was this dark now.

There was a soft chuckle, but it sounded amused r a other than sinister. "I'm not going to hurt you. Here, let me get some light."

Niall could hear somwone scrambling for some thing in the dark, and after a few seconds, a bright light illuminated the face of the boy in front of him. Blinking at the new light, Niall could soon make out his face, and he relized the light was fron the boys phone screen.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," the boy moved so that he sat next to Niall, as though he planned on the vonversation taking a long time. "What has you so upset that you're crying in a park at this time of night?"

Niall readjustment his seating so he was more comfortable before responding. "Its a long story."

"I have time." The boy responded immeadiatly. Niall shook his head, unsure if the boy could see him in the dark.

"I really don't want to talk about it." He admitted, wiping the remnants of tears from his face.

The boys phone screen clicked off, leaving them in darkness once more. Niall felt an arm snake around his shoulders and pull him closer.

"Its okay," the boy assured him. "I understand if you don't want to talk about it."

Niall shifted uncomfortably in the other boys grip, unused to the feeling of being held. It felt nice, but at the same time, it didn't feel quite right. It almost felt like he was betraying Louis or Liam by allowing himself to be held by this stranger.

"You aren't comfortable." The boy stated, pulling a way from Niall slightly so there was room between them. He removed his arm from Nialls sholder and took the boys hand in his own instead. "Is that better?"

And it was better. It flat nice to be holding hands with someone and the boys skin was so soft in his own. He smiled in the darkness and gave the boys hand a squeeze. "Much better," he admitted. He could almost see the boy smiled n the darkness.

"Good," The boy stated and they sat comfortably in the darkness for a while before he spoke again. "Do your parents know youre out here?"

Nialls eyes widened. He had never told his parents He was staying with Liam for the night. They were probably panicking on his behalf. He unclaimed his hand from the boy's, muttering a quick apology and git out his phone. There were seven unread messages.

From: Mom
Niall, you're late, is everything okay?

From: Mom
Where are you? I'm getting worried.

From: Mom
Please answer, I just wamt to know where you are.

From: Mom
Are you okay? Please answer, I've tried calling. Where are you, why aren't you answering your phone? Are you with Louis somewhere?

From: Mom
Niall, please answer. I tried calling Louis, But he isn't answering his phone either. His mom says you were hurt this morning, why disnt you tell me? Niall, where are you?

From: Mom
I won't be mad at you for whatever you're doing if you'll just answer. Are you at a club, or a bar? Did Louis take you out on a date? Sweetie, please just tell me where you are.

From: Mom
Please, just text me. If not, I guess I'll see you when you get home.

Niall sighed, sitting up. He knew he would have to answer his mum eventually, but he didn't want to right now. He was tired, And he had been comfortable next to the boy. But he knew if he didn't respond to his mom, he would be in big trouble.