Chapter 14

Niall didn't want to be there. It was simple as that, and it was pretty obvious. Liam was trying to involve the blinde boy in the conversation, but it soon became obvious that he didn't much like the people He was dining with. It seemed impossible to break his icey demeanor.

"So what do you want to be when you grow up?" Liam s mom would ask.

Niall would shrug.

"What do you like to do in your spare time." Liam s father would ask.

Niall would shrug.

"Which teacher is your favorite?" Liam would try.

Niall would shrug.

It was eventually Harry who broke through to him.

"So you're friends with Louis?" He asked.

Niall, for the first time, smiled and nodded. "Yeah. He's a great guy."

Harry's face dropped, and Niall laughed.

"I don't have feelings for him mate. Why does evwryone think that lately?" Niall asked.

"That smile You get when you talk about him. You don't smile like that about anything else." Liam s mom answered after a tense silence.

Niall shrugged. "I guess I'm just happy He cares." He muttered. Liam rubbed his shoulder gently.

There was a long silence, and it seemed as if Niall had gone back to his state of silence. Until Harry spoke up again.

"So what's Louis like around you? I was over at his house the other day, but I feel like he would act differently around you." Harry asked.

Niall laughed again. "No, He was probably his normally jittery and hyper self."

"So he's always so...active?" Harry asked.

Niall raised an eyebrow. "Do you habe a problem with that?"

Harry blushed and turned away, "No, it's actually kind of cute." Then as if realizing what he had said, quickly corrected himself. "Not cute as in like, attractive cute, cute as n lottle kid cute, you know like 4 year olds and stuff."

Niall brushed it off with a laugh. "No, I get it. I ship Larry, you can talk.about how in love you two are in my presence."

Harry blushed even harder and turned away. Liam laughed a bit, and even his parents smiled.

"I don't think that's going to happen Niall." Harry spoke. "Louis' great, but he doesn't like me that way. We're jist friends."

"You didn't deny that you liked him that way." Niall pointed out with a grin. Harry rolled his eyes at Niall.

"Who even told you I was gay?" He asked.

Niall laughed. "Its pretty obvious, But Liam told me last night."

Harry put his head in his hands. "Why am I friends with you Liam?" The question was obviously rhetorical, and Liam patted his friend on the back.

"Because no one else gives you room and board every night for free." Liam reminded him, but not too seriously. It was obviously a joke between the two of them.

Harry sat up again, smiling now. "I suppose that's very true. But it isn't every night anymore, You sent me of the stay with Louis."

"So I set you up with your long time crush-" Harry covered Liams mouth.

"He disnt mean that. I don't have a crush on Louis." Harry assured Niall as Liam struggled in his grip.

"Yes He does." Liam s father spoke up. "You need to be a man and accept these things Harry."