Chapter 30

Niall woke up in his own bed, curled up against Liam. His boyfriend. Just thinking about the previous day put a smile on his face. But then the bad thoughts started rushing in. What if it had all been a joke, what if Liam meant none of it, what if it had just been a dream and everyone would call him crazy when they heard his story. He rolled over, wanting to get away from Liam s warmth and clear his head, but Liam rolled closer to him and wrapped his arm tighter around the smaller boy.

"No..." Liam protested, his voice slow and heavy with sleep. "Stay Niall. You're warm."

Niall smiled a bit at that. It was reassuring that at the very least, Liam wanted him to stay. And it couldn't possibly have been a dream, or else Liam wouldn't be here, right? He didn't know whether Liam had meant it, but there were a couple of things he could be sure about. One was that he had meant every word he had said to Liam on their date. Another was that he certainly wouldn't mind walking up next to Liam like this every morning. The third, and arguably most important at the moment was that Louis would kill him if he didn't hear about it soon.

Trying not to move as not to not disturb Liam, Niall stretched, reaching him arm over to his night stand where his phone sat. Liam mumbled something in his sleep, but didn't seem disturbed. Niall let out a shallow sigh of relief, and began to type out a message to Louis.

To: Louis
Hey mate, are you busy? I kind of want to talk to you about something.

Niall looked away from his phone and over at Liam. His arm was still wrapped around Nialls body, And it made him feel...safe. His train of thoughts was ended by Louis texting him back.

From: Louis
Is everything okay? Harry said you called Liam and then you both disappeared.

To: Louis
I'm fine. But that's what I want to talk to you about...

From: Louis
Did Liam do something stupid?!!?

To: Louis
No, it's nothing like that. Good news actually.

From: Louis
Spill already Niall! I'm dying of curiosity over here!

To: Louis
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. You know how I like Liam?

From: Louis
Yeah, Harry said something about that. Niall, just tell me already!

To: Louis
Well...we kind of kissed...and he asked me to be his boyfriend...

There was a long pause and Niall wondered what was taking so long for Louis to reply. Liam was getting restless, mumbling and rolling around a bit in his sleep as if he sensed Nialls upset mood. He didn't understand why Louis wasn't responding. Was he just too stunned? Did he not approve?

From: Louis
OMG Niall, I just woke up Harry to tell him and you should have seen his face! Did you say yes?

Niall wondered what Harry's face looked like. Was he laughing because it was all a joke, was he celebrating because he had been waiting for this, was he too shocked to react?

To: Louis
Yes...should I have?

Louis' reply was almost instant.

From: Louis
Of course! You two are almost as meant to be as me and Harry!

To: Louis
You don't think he was joking or something?

From: Louis
Harry says to tell you that Liam would never do something like that.

Beside Niall, Liam was stirring, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Niall?" He asked, Sounding a little surprised. Niall felt his heart drop. Did Liam not want him here? Liam rubbed his eyes a few times, taking in the sight, and then smiled. "You have cute bed head."