𝟢𝟨

"Shit," Lei'wa turned around to face Tarsem who stood there, bow in hand, with a confused look on his face.

Miles was just as confused, not understanding who this man was.

"Tarsem," she smiled, he immediately ran to hug her, "I thought you- I thought you died," he whispered, holding her tightly.

"Who me? They wish" she joked, patting his back.

"What have you been doing, why has it taken so long," he said, looking at Miles from behind her, "Lei'wa. What- What are you doing with this man?" He asked, looking her in the eye, she held is shoulders firmly knowing that if she didn't he would pounce on him.

"Tarsem," she tried to reason with him as he kept pushing against her.

"Tarsem listen to me for fucks sake." She yelled, catching his attention, "There has been a sign from Eywa,"

"Why didn't you come home directly then?" He said, narrowing his eyes.

"Because you would have killed him within seconds, don't even try to deny it." Her finger pointed accusingly at him.

"Miles, he asked me to help him learn. He knows how to climb now, he can hunt with his hands, he is fast on the ground. Quite shit with a bow but I can teach him," she reasoned looking back at Miles and then at Tarsem.

"Hey I'm not that bad" he grumbled.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm trying to help our cause," she hissed, looking back at Tarsem.

"Tar, Eywa, she, she sent Atokarina, it's a matter for Tsahik," she said, looking into his eyes, "grant me the permission to take him to the mountains, where we can sort this out," her eyes searched his for any answer.

"Fine." Lei'wa's grip loosened, Tarsem stepping away and towards Miles.

"If you try anything," Tarsem hissed, pointing his bow accusingly at him.

"I will have you executed." Pressing the bow against Miles' neck he gave him one final hiss and let it fall.

Lei'wa covered her mouth to hide her giggled, Miles was significantly taller compared to Tarsem, the threat looked funny to her.

"See I let you have your dramatic effect," she grinned at him.

"Finally" he rolled his eyes, standing next to her.

"Miles, could you please get our stuff?" Lei'wa asked, looking at him with a smile before wrapping her arm around Tarsem's shoulder, telling him about all the adventures they had encountered together.

Miles watched from the distance, an uncomfortable feeling building in his stomach as he watched the pair converse naturally, close together. Too close, were they together?

His brows furrowed and his mouth pouted, he wanted to be the one Lei'wa had her arm around. He climbed down from the tree, hiding his intercom in his folded up military clothes and holding the rest of Lei'wa's things.

He handed them to her, "do we need anything else?" He asked, looking down at her with a soft look.

"Nope, lets go," she smiled at the two boys, walking a head if them cheerily, excited to go home.