𝟣𝟪

Mo'at was crouched down next to Lei'wa who was holding her mothers head in her arms.

"Mama, what happened?" She whispered, wiping the blood on the corner of Ma'eve's mouth with a cloth.

"I think-" she coughed again, blood dribbling down her chin, "I got shot," she was breathing heavily, clutching her side. Gently lifting her hand, revealing a bullet lodged in her stomach.

"How- you left with me," Lei'wa said, shaking her head, trying not to let tears fall, immediately applying pressure to the wound.

Mo'at tried to apply her creams, trying to get the bullet out.

"She flew back, I'm not sure why," Koro spoke up, looking at Ma'eve with a sad look in his eyes. He moved to sit next to his daughter, his hand wrapping around his mates.

"Ma'eve, what did you do when you went back," he asked, pushing her hair away from her face.

Lei'wa handed him the cloth to clean her face as she continued to cough.

"I- I went back for-" she became choked up, her pupils dilated, her breaths becoming short.

"For-" thats when she stopped speaking, her head lolling to the side.

"Mama," Lei'wa called, squeezing her hand. No reaction. "Mama," she asked once more, her voice going quiet.

The village was quiet. She was dead, no pulse.

"Mama" Lei'wa wailed, hugging her mothers body, "no, Eywa, please," she cried, throwing her head back, sobs escaping from her throat. Cradling her mothers body, she didn't move. Her father silently cried to himself, turning away from the scene.

Mo'at couldn't say anything, simply turning away, letting the tears fall from her eyes.

The village listened to the wails and choked sobs of Lei'wa who continued to hold her mother close to her.

It had been hours, the clan in mourning. Mo'at and Koro had to pry Lei'wa off of her mother, preparing to return her body to Eywa.

Lei'wa's voice was hoarse from sobbing, her voice cracking when she would speak.

She cried after her mothers body when she was pried off of her. She wanted to crawl after her father and Mo'at who were preparing for the funeral. She was held back by Tarsem who held her close to him as she let out choked sobs.

Miles was sat on the forest floor, scratching the thanators chin gently, the creature purring. His Ikran grew curious, sitting behind him and watching the interaction.

All of a sudden the thanator pulled away, standing up and looking down at Miles on the grass. It bowed its head to him. He stood up, a questioning look on his face as the thanator moved its head back to signal that it wants to be ridden.

Miles clambered onto its back, pulling his braid forward and making the bond.

"Holy shit," he whispered, patting its neck. He killed this creature as a human but he never knew how sweet this animal could be.

His Ikran screeched before taking off, it was time to make things right.

A/N

This is just a short chapter for today, I have some exams tomorrow and I need to study so I wont be updating until later tomorrow! Thank you so much for 5k+ reads?!? THATS CRAZY

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Happy Reading 💗💗

UNEDITED