𝟢𝟩

Lei'wa and Tarsem landed with their Ikran on the edge, sliding off and greeting the people. Lei'wa felt cold without Miles wrapped around her, looking back she saw him slide off the Ikran slowly, standing awkwardly.

Soon people took notice to him and his 5 fingers, "What is this demon blood you've brought with you Lei'wa" Mo'at asked, looking at Miles with a sneer.

"There has been a sign from Eywa," she simply said, getting into a protective stance in front of Miles.

"Uh, who's she?" Miles asked with a questioning look, directing it at Mo'at.

"She is Tsahik," Mo'at stood forward, taking a sharp bone from her gear, "She determines the will of Eywa,"

Miles stood tall, unmoving as Mo'at pricked his skin, collecting the blood. She dragged it against her tongue slowly, before looking at him, "your name?" She asked, her gaze piercing into his.

"Miles Quaritch," he gave her a soft smile, hoping to ease her a bit.

"Milees Qoratich," she butchered the pronunciation with her thick accent.

"Where do you come from, Milees Qoratich," she asked, encircling him. His tail swished side by side as he tried to stay as still as possible.

"From, from the sky people," he said, looking down a bit, trying to avoid peoples gaze.

"What are you doing here?" She continued to interrogate him, "I've come to learn from the Omaticaya people," he gave Lei'wa a look, "did I say that right?" He whispered.

Lei'wa gave him a nod and urged him to continue.

"You cannot learn our ways, sky people don't learn," she said, her eyes narrowed.

"Mo'at," Lei'wa spoke up, "Jake Sully learned, he can learn too," she smiled up at Miles, "I've been teaching him in the forest where I found him," she told the people, looking at them, "he has potential." Her eyes met his and for a split second he saw her confident facade falter for a split second to reveal a softer side before it was rebuilt again.

"Very well, Lei'wa you will continue to teach him," she said, looking at Miles with narrowed eyes before turning back to the clan.

"Milees Qoratich will stay with us, he will learn the ways of the Omaticaya and become one of the people, until that time comes you will treat him as one of our own," she looked back at Miles, "Do not mess it up," she hissed, dismissing the crowd.

"Jeez Tarsem, I thought you were Olo'ekytan," Lei'wa joked, elbowing her best friend, "come on Miles, you'll be living with me and my mother," she said, unpacking their belongings from her Ikran.

"Again, why" Tarsem groaned, looking at her, "because I'm pretty sure if he stayed with you, you would kill him in his sleep," she laughed, leading Miles away.

"Would he actually?" Miles said, his voice wavering slightly.

"Of course not, you big baby, come on," she said, pulling him towards her tent before she heard her name being called.

"Lei'wa! You're back finally, we have things to discuss,"

Norm approached the pair tapping away on a data pad before raising his head and making eye contact with Miles, "So heres where you've been Norm," Miles said, looking down at him with a grin.