𝟣𝟣

Miles and Lei'wa were stood outside the tent, preparing Miles to finally become a warrior.

"Miles, are you ready?" Lei'wa said, looking him, her eyes never leaving his, "If you're not ready to tame an Ikran, you have to tell me now Miles," her hands made their way to his shoulders, "do you need more training," worry laced her voice.

"I'm ready Lei'wa, even you've said it yourself, and I trust your judgment," he said, looking into her eyes.

"Okay," she let out a sigh, pulling her hands away from his shoulders, "Lei'wa!" Someone called from behind her, she turned to see her mom approaching, "hey mama," she said, giving her mother a hug, "what happened?" She asked, looking at her mother.

"We've found you a mate," she said excitedly, placing her hands on her daughters shoulders.

"What? Mama?! I told you, I want to choose my own mate," she said, an angry look in her eyes.

"But Lei'wa, he's good for you, you remember Lucca," Ma'eve gave her a small smile trying to convince Lei'wa.

"Mom. No. Just no." Lei'wa said, pulling Miles' arm towards the cave exit.

"But! Lei'wa we already promised you.." her mothers voice trailed off, knowing that Lei'wa was becoming furious.

Her eyes became livid, Miles saw this on her face, "You what?!" She hissed, her voice becoming louder with each passing word, "who- who gave you the right?!" She said, tears glistening in her eyes, "you- you knew what I wanted and just went against it," she yelled, gathering a crowd.

"I'm sorry Lei'wa, ple-" her mother tried to apologise, "No. Just leave me alone," her father appeared in the crowd, behind her mother.

"You too," she said, pointing an accusing finger at her father.

"Lets go Miles," she hissed, dragging him off, holy shit this girl is strong.

"So, are you going to mate with him?" Miles spoke up as they waited at the entrance of the mountain for the other warriors.

"No." She responded dryly, crossing her arms across her chest.

"My mom is always pulling stunts like this, I love her but, its my choice." She sighed, shifting on her feet.

Tarsem appeared with the other warriors in training, "Let us leave." He said.

Since they were living in the Hallelujah mountains for the time being, the journey to Oorah, the Ikran den, was quicker than it was when Lei'wa tamed hers.

First they had to take 2 warriors each on the back of their Ikran to the Pa'li.

Sure, it may have been easier to fly with them to the den but it was a warrior test, they couldn't do that.

As the warriors prepared to make the journey, Lei'wa spoke to Tarsem, "I heard what happened Lei, I'm so sorry," he said, giving her a hug.

"Its fine. I'll meet you all at the den." She had a stone cold expression on her face, Miles shivered under her cold gaze.

She climbed onto her Ikran and took flight, looking down at the warriors who were making their way up the mountain. She kept her gaze locked on Miles, making sure he was safe.