𝟣𝟫

Miles took off after his Ikran on the back of the thanator. His eyes focused on his Ikran who flew overhead, soaring over the treetops while the thanator making its way to the Tree of Souls, jumping over roots skillfully.

He needed to speak to Lei'wa. He turned on his intercom, immediately catching signal. He stayed quiet as he heard the voices of his team. Well his ex-team.

"We need to plan another attack, these blue monkeys aren't going to give up anytime soon." Lyle said, the sound of wind hit the ear piece as Miles lost signal. Shit. He needs to get there now.

Lei'wa closed her eyes, the funeral had come to an end and now the village was quiet, returning back to what they had been doing beforehand. No one said a word. Ma'eve was beloved among the people, everyone was saddened by her death, no word was uttered. No children played.

Miles reached closer to the tree of souls, expecting to hear voices. But it was empty. He could hear nothing, not even the sweet sound of children giggling. Disappointed he turned away, his Ikran kept screeching but he chose to ignore it, riding in the opposite direction. Where could they have been?

He turned on his intercom trying to gain more information that he can use.

"We've lost Quaritch, he's burned, gone. That means I'm in charge," he boasted, Miles could hear the grin forming on his face.

"We have no location of the tribe but we expect that they will be on our backs, trying to kill us, I want everyone alert." He stated, he could hear the chorus of 'yes'' coming from the other intercoms.

Miles knew what Lyle was capable of now that he took over Miles' position. The access to weapons and everything.

He decided to give it one more try, directing the thanator back to the tree of souls, all the way to the edge. To see the village quiet.

What had happened?

A/N
I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating lately! I've just been busy with school and exams but at the end of this week I'll be able to put out longer chapters!

This is just a filler for the time being, very short. I'll keep making small fillers if you would like me to but just know I'll only be releasing big chapters at the end of the week.

Thank you so much for 7k+ views?! It's crazy.

Happy reading 💗💗

UNEDITED