- . Chapter 3 ; Oncoming

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"Neteyam! Ney!"

Kiri shouted looking around the camp for him. It was dark and getting to the point of sleep for everyone but Kiri was worried for them all. Radio silence filled their family quickly.

Tuk was following behind her as they leaped around looking for them, anyone at that.

"Kiri? What is the matter?"

She crept around the corner and she found Kiri walking towards her. She was confused at the sudden voice of her calling out names.

"Ney is gone! Me and Tuk have looked everywhere."

"Kiri, is brother ok?

Tuk asked Kiri persistently pulling on her arm. She looked up at her with a worried glance, as if she could cry despite it only being a few moments without their family in the cave. It wasn't unusual for their parents to be gone at night or their brothers to take advantage and goof off.

"We can search for them. Make way."

Y/N headed off to her own Ikran, she loved the feeling of knowing she could finally be an asset to people now with her transportation sister.

"No. Stay out of it Y/N. You do not always need to be with him. It'll only make them more upset."

She glared at Y/N with her sentence Y/N's ears went down in an embarrassing look as Kiri got on her own Ikran leaving Tuk on the ground.

"Tuk stay here with Y/N."

They all were upset and annoyed at each other and what was said. Emotions boil over like a pot and nothing for either of them to do anything about it.

They all were tired and wanted to just sleep and wait for the day to be over. For everything to be right again, they have to be kids sharing stories and laughs just as before. Y/N felt the burden and pain Neteyam carried every day.

Y/N didn't like the situation one bit, it felt wrong and it felt off. Why would she stay back when the one person she connected with, is upset at her and gone?

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

It was silent in the forest, the drips of water falling off the leaves of the falling decay. The ever-growing circle of life that receded around them all, even if people wouldn't admit it nature had its course. It was a creepy feeling knowing their deaths were imminent at any moment.