Shadows at the Gates

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language; Violence, Gore & Death

"You've ruined our banquet, assaulted political allies, and risked the security of the realm," Uriel yelled at them. He was quite mad at them believing them to attack the Briarwoods even though it was in self-defense. The group was still visibly beaten and now they were taking a verbal beating from Uriel. The only way this night could get worse is if another dragon came down upon them.

"Throw them in irons!"

"You heard him. Come with me," a guard said as the others that were surrounding them with their spears tried to corral them towards the direction of the jail cells.

"Come on. We did nothing wrong," Vex pleaded.

"Sovereign, it's been a very long evening," Allura stopped them, "I will see that they are properly punished." Uriel thought about it for a moment before he scoff and walked away.

"See that you do."

"Allura, something is very wrong with Uriel. He's under the Briarwoods' influence, I can feel it," Vex said once Uriel and the guards had left.

"She is right, I can recognize the effect of mind control. Sylas has him under some sort of spell," Athena added. Her back was still worse for wear and her throat had already begun developing a bruise. She couldn't wait to down a potion once they were back at the keep.

"That is a considerable accusation. Do you have any physical proof? Words alone are not enough to sustain this accusation."

"No, but we can get it," she replied.

"We just need time and access...," Vex began, supporting her.

"Emon owes you a debt," Allura interrupted, "But that does not mean you are above the law. Though. Perhaps Uriel is being too brash. Until this is resolved, you are hereby confined to your keep under house arrest."

Everyone voiced their displeasure at this circumstance. However, it was better than a jail cell and they knew that this was the best Allura could do for them right now.

"How can you arrest a house?" Grog whined. Their house did nothing wrong. Pike placed her hand on Grog to...comfort him about the house.

"Okay. Thank you, Lady Allura."

"I'll convene a formal inquiry at once. Your fate will be determined once we hear the Briarwoods' side of the story," Allura finished and began walking away, "If they'll speak to us anymore," she mumbled.

Vox Machina was escorted back to their keep by a parade of guards that were assigned to watch them. They all changed out of their bloody, torn formal attire before putting their day clothes back on. And they drank a lot of potions to heal all of their wounds.

The head guard, Jarrett, was collecting all of their weapons, including Scanlan's lute.

"Get your filthy hands off my instrument!" Scablands cried while trying to reach for it from a guard. However, he was shorter than him and didn't have the height to reach it.

"The more you resist, the longer this will take," Jarrett said as the rest of the guards were packing up the rest of the group's weapons.

"Come on man. It's not a weapon! I just want to serenade the group," Scanlan countered back.

"Then you are doing us a favor," Vax commented.

"Your belongings will be returned if you are exonerated. All points of egress to this compound are being surveilled. If you attempt to escape, you will be executed," Jarrett said as if he was a normal part of a conversation.