The Sunken Tomb

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language; Violence, Gore & Death.

After their day in Vasselheim, the group set out to find the tomb where the vestige of the Raven Queen was located. They were currently taking a break. Pike was meditating on some stones to see how Emon was doing. Pike suddenly came out gasping for air as she clutched her chest with sweat dripping down her face. 

"Whoa, Whoa," Grog immediately went to her side as the rest of them worriedly looked over in her direction. "Are you okay?" he asked placing his hand on her back. 

"No. The dragons, they're moving. Expanding across Tal'Dorei." 

"Uh, you saw 'em in your head?" 

"A vision granted by the Everlight. The red one. The others called him Thordak. He just... wiped them out. I... I couldn't save them," Pike sobbed out, Grog pulling her into his chest.

"I know we come from all over, but Emon was the first place that accepted us. It kind of felt like our home," Keyleth gloomy recounted. 

"They even gave us a title," Percy said. 

"And we'll live up to it," Vex jumped down from her sit, "When we find the tomb and find that fucking vestige." 

Vax jumped down from the trees where Vex was seated, panting slightly, "Well, I've got good news and bad news on that front." 

"'Kay. Good stuff first," Scanlan stated. 

"I found the lake Osysa told us about over the next ravine."

"Fantastic. Let's go," Vex motioned.

"Wait," Percy interrupted, "The bad news?"

The bad news was that it was just a fucking lake.

"No tomb," Athena looked over, trying to find some small indication of what Osysa told them about. Even though she knew Vax would have found it.

"No temple, no ruins, no nothing." 

"It's not an illusion, either," Pike said as she scanned the lake with her magic, "Did the Sphinx lie to us?" 

"It must be across the lake," Vex firmly stated as she began walking.

"Where do you think you're going?" Vax grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

"We can still make it by nightfall." 

"This is a Vestige of Divergence we're talking about. I doubt it'll be waiting for us wrapped in gift paper. We have to be careful around here. All of us."

"Not to worry," Scanlan said, "Here. I'll slide over and check it out." He stepped out onto the ice as he summoned a giant purple foot to wrap around his left one. He pushed himself off as he began to glide across the ice. 

"Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! Yeah-heh-heh! Whoo! I love having a foot fetish with...," Scanlan steadied himself as he almost fell but he just laughed it off. He was doing tricks on the ice now.

"Please be careful, Scanlan!" Athena shouted with her hands cupped around her mouth. 

"When is Scanlan careful?" Percy sarcastically asked her.

"That is why I am worried. Can't have him break his actual foot out there." 

"Guys, this is the best!" he screamed back at them until his foot got caught on the ice causing him to trip sending him skidding across the ice face first. Everyone in the group burst out into laughter while Percy and Athena face-palmed themselves. As Scanlan was face-planted against the ice, he saw a creature moving under it.