The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Part 1

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language, Violence & Death

One Year Later

Chug, chug, chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

The group was currently in probably one of the last taverns in all of Tal'Dorei that would let them in as pretty much every other one had kicked them out at this point. Most of the group was currently partaking in a drinking contest except for Athena, Percy, and wherever the fuck Scanlan had run off to. Percy was leaning against a pole, sipping on some wine, while Athena stood by watching as the tavern cheered the group on. Before joining the group she had never tasted any form of alcohol. Now she was well acquainted with almost all forms of alcohol thanks to her adventures with the group. However, she wasn't nearly at the level of tolerance to be able to participate in their game.

Grog was clearly going to be the winner. He had down most of the ale in the time it took most of the others to do half of what he did. Everyone also had a pink tint to their cheeks while Grog look like he could finish the remainder of their drinks. Grog slammed down his cup as a bit of the ale ran down his chin.

"Yeah! That's right! Who's the best? Yeah!" Grog boasted as the tavern cheered for him.

"Grog wins. Again." Percy said unsurprised.

"Fuck me," Vax sighed, "Why do we always play drinking games with a guy twice our size?"

"Because it's the fastest way to get drunk, obviously," Vex replied.

"Who's drunk? Not me. I'm great," Keyleth limped forward slurring her words. While Athena was a lightweight due to less experience, Keyleth was just a lightweight on her own. "I think we should go to another... another...," she said before retching out all the contents of her stomach. Athena walked to her right side, holding up her hair so she did puke on it.

"Oh, Keyleth," Athena murmured as she continue barfing. Pike came on the other side of Keyleth to help, "Didn't you only have one ale? " she asked. Keyleth let out another round as both of them recoiled at the sight. "Oh. So chunky," Pike gaged. Luckily, this wasn't the worst that Athena had seen out of Keyleth.

An orc came by them stepping on the puke. "Watch it, bitch!" he said pushing the trio while walking past them to his table. Vax came to attention, narrowing his eyes at the orc while Grog stood up, both of them ready for a fight.

"Hey. You watch it, dicknose!" Grog shouted.

"Easy, Grog. We don't waste our time on talking assholes, remember?" Pike said briefly calming Grog down. He sat down with an annoyed look on his face.

"Oi, tavern keeper. Another round for Vox Machina, the greatest band of mercenaries in all the realm," Vex said. She hoped another round would take their minds off of the orc. However, he decided to continue to instigate the group releasing a laugh.

"The greatest? I heard you couldn't even rescue a cow from a burning barn," he said causing the rest of his table to laugh as well. Athena wanted to bust his nose in. The cow was an accident. "Vox Machina." What a fucking joke." Athena was about to run over and teach the orc exactly what Vox Machina can do but Vax placed a hand in front of her signaling he would take care of it. He threw her a wink as he brought his dagger out, spinning it in his hand before stabbing it into the table. Athena blushed like she was drunk with the rest of the lot.

"Let's keep things civil, friend. We're not looking for trouble," he said.

"Oh, I'll bet you ain't," the orc said causing people to gasp in the tavern as he grabbed Vax by the collar. Athena almost jumped from her spot at his action but Vax gave a hand motion signaling he was alright. "Everyone knows you're a bunch of pathetic losers who can't get a fսcking job. Look at your scrawny ass. Too weak to tickle your own pickle," he said with a smirk.