Whispers at the Ziggurat

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language; Violence, Gore & Death.

The group approached the largest pyramid structure of the ziggurat. Green energy coiled around it with the structure tapped into the roots of the Sun Tree that were coming down from above. They could hear Delilah chanting in the distance as they snuck up to the protruding rocks surrounding the structure. Scanlan paused as he look up at the ziggurat.

"Uh...Scanlan?" Grog asked as Scanlan stood there in deep thought until he let out a sudden gasp. 

"It wasn't a spell book. It was an instruction manual," he turned towards them gesturing to the ziggurat, "The drawings, the symbols... It all had to do with that name. Uh, the wha... what was it? The-the Whispered One."

"The Whispered One?" Pike questioned. 

"You've heard that name?" Vex asked. 

"Once. Uh, from an elder of the Everlight. They said he's some sort of undead creature whose soul seeks the power to return to our plane." 

"I get the book, the maps, but what's with the star chart?" Scanlan pondered.

"It's the solstice, when the barrier between the planes is the thinnest," Keyleth answered. 

"Oh, sure, sure, the planes. Yeah, yeah. What does that mean?"

"If this Whispered One wants to cross over, now is the time to do it." 

"And the Briarwoods must be trying to help him," Pike realized. 

"I don't give a shit what they're doing. I just want my brother back," Vex stated. 

"Vax," Athena gasped as she spotted him in the distance. She too wanted to get Vax back and kill the Briarwoods. If their plans succeeds then they will all soon be dead thanks to their Whispered One. 

"Okay, I'll take Vax. Piece of cake," Grog cracked his knuckles. 

"Grog, I want him alive," Vex replied. 

"Oh. Uh, then I got Cassandra."

"No, she will answer to me," Percy said. 

"Oh... I never get to play," Grog pouted as he sat on the ground. 

"Buddies, we still need somebody to handle Sylas. Any suggestions?" Pike comforted. 

"Um... I don't know, maybe Ripley?," he laughed, "Doesn't really matter what happens to her."

"I was talking about you." 

"Oh... Goody," he chuckled.

"Let's move," Vex ordered. They ran to the base of the ziggurat with Athena, Keyleth, Percy and Ripley going to the left. 

"Don't be a fool, Percy. This fight cannot be won. Come with me. Our minds, together?" Ripley bargained.

"You're not leaving." 

"I'm afraid you overestimate my willingness in this endeavor," she said as back away. Percy raised his gun at her, clicking the hammer down, smoke pouring out of him. 

"Percy, they'll hear," Athena stopped him. 

"Yes, go ahead. Shoot me," she mocked. Percy grunted as he struggled to bring the gun down, the smoke trying to pull his arm back up. "Until, next time," she ran away. 

"We are not finished," Percy grunted as the smoke surrounded his face forming a temporary mask with glowing orange eyes. 

"No." The smoke aggressively pulled at his arm as Percy pulled against it. Athena and Keyleth didn't know what to do or how to stop it without hurting Percy in the process.